Thursday, June 13, 2013

/Body/ Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! Sheer Body Lotion

this product was part of a gift set given to me by a family member

After using this for a few weeks, post shower, I'd like to share my experiences with this lotion with anyone who cares to read this. I was fortunate to receive this product as part of a fragrance gift set (which also included a a full 100ml bottle of eau de parfum and a mini flaçon of the stuff). It's also available to purchase separately for $45 at places like Sephora and Nordstrom. Marc Jacobs parfums are very sweet and girly to me. I like some of them, as I have a bottle of Daisy and Pomegranate in the gigantic 300ml, as they can can have a fresh quality. The only scent I don't like is Lola. I don't know, whenever I smell it there's sort of muskiness that lingers and I don't like it. Yes, I find it to smell like something made for those older than me even if it's supposed to smell like pink peppercorn, pear, ruby red grapefruit, rose, fuschia peony, geranium, vanilla, warm tonka bean, and creamy musk.
Oh, Lola! happens to appeal to me much, much more.

This fragrance is described as having notes of "raspberry, vanilla, peony, pear, cyclaman". Whenever I smell Oh, Lola!, it's just really sweet (fruity mostly) and floral-like. It puts a smile on my face. This sheer body lotion comes with 150 ml/5.1 oz of product. These are the ingredients from the Nordstrom page: Aqua/water/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, isononyl isononanoate, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, parfum/fragrance, propylene glycol, steareth-21, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, chlorphenesin, sodium cetearyl sulfate, xanthan gum, disodium edta, linalool, limonene, tocopheryl acetate, butylphenyl methylpropional, benzyl salicylate, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, bht, sodium sulfate, citronellol, hydroxycitronellal, cetearyl alcohol, geraniol, coumarin, sodium chloride. (This may actually differ a bit because Nordstrom is selling the sensual body lotion...I have no idea what that means...)
It looks like standard lotion, opaque white, that's a little more liquid-like in consistency. The skin on my body tends to be very dry and is susceptible to irritation from nearly anything (meaning it's sensitive). I've only been using this post-shower how I normally moisturize and with this product on its own. When I put this on by itself, my skin feels more dry within a few hours. It felt uncomfortable. However, when layered over a body oil as I normally moisturize my body there were no problems with feeling dry. If anything, this lotion is about making you smell good as opposed to fighting off scaly limbs. After applying, I can easily smell the fragrance of Oh, Lola! on me, but not in an overwhelming, cloying manner. It's actually quite subtle and really only noticeable when I brought my nose right next to my skin to sniff.

This is a good lotion if you like the scent of Marc Jacob's Oh, Lola! and if you're willing to sacrifice dry skin for a nice smell (layering with a more moisturizing product can counter this effect, though). You really don't need too much of the lotion to start smelling of flowers and berries; it takes just the tiniest amount before the full olfactory effect takes place. I like this fragrance for spring/summer as it's sweet and light with enough power to last all day, especially when accompanied by the eau de parfum.

bright young person loves it

this much

No comments:

Post a Comment