Tuesday, September 24, 2013

/Make-up/ Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad


this was purchased by me.

I picked this up because I had a Revlon coupon and I was attracted to the pink in the palette. I've worked with it a few times and I have thoughts on the product.

This is the Revlon Colorstay eye palette in 535 Goddess. The colors in this palette consist of white, pink, gray, and black eyeshadows and it also includes a mini applicator. It regularly retails for around $8. Since it's part of the Colorstay line, it's advertised as lasting 16 hours.


I was surprised to discover that all the eyeshadows had glitter.


You might be able to see the various glitter particles in each of the shadows. I think the gray has the least amount of sparkles. I'm not particularly fond of glittery eyeshadow because of the potential fallout. Here they are swatched over a primer of sorts (I use Maybelline's 24 hour Color Tattoo in Barely Branded).


The eyeshadows become more vibrant over a primer. On their own they tend to be quite sheer and I had to layer them on a bit to get the color payoff you see in the top picture.


ingredients

On the back of the package is an instructional diagram on how to coordinate the colors from the palette.


I decided to try the look and this is my attempt (I'm not much of an eyeshadow person--meaning I'm quite mediocre at creating beautiful eye looks--and my eyelids can be difficult to work on).




I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo as my base, applying it from lash line almost to my eyebrows. Following the diagram, I put the white shadow over my entire lid and concentrated the gray from my lash line to just above my crease. In the pictures it's hardly visible...and it's barely seen on my lids in real life as well. I used the black eyeshadow was a liner for my upper lash line while on the lower lash line is Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner in Uzi. I put an accent of pink on the outer corner of my eye as per the diagram and finished the eye with some Revlon mascara.


From afar it's difficult to see the shadows on my eyes with the exception of the black defining them. Whist applying them to my eyes, I found the shadows to be rather powdery. By the end of the day I found stray glitter particles on various locations on my face. That really peeved me. As the eyeshadows are quite sheer on me, I couldn't tell if the colors had actually lasted on my eyes. Some people really like this shadow and I'm not sure why...maybe because I got the one with non-neutral colors. I wonder if the ones with brown eye shadows are any better...but since having tried this I'm not too keen on getting more of the Colorstay quads. I do like the pink eyeshadow in the Goddess palette; I mainly use it on my outer corners. I rarely use the other colors, though, so for me this quad wasn't really worth it.

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment