Thursday, December 5, 2013

/Body/ Barr-Co. Original Scent Soap


this was purchased by me.

I'm picky about soaps. I look for sulfate and paraben free formulas. I have to like the scent. I take into account the physical aesthetics--it is going to be displayed in my bathroom, after all. I found out about Barr-Co. after looking around Antropologie's beauty and fragrance section. I'm in love with the lotion, which is too expensive for me at the moment ($24? *sigh* maybe one day), so I picked up the soap in the same scent.

I must say, I love anything with Bar-Co.'s original scent. It's described as "milk, oatmeal, vanilla, and vetiver." To put it simply, it smells like a baby because it's milky-sweet and cozy. It's a soft, comforting scent, at least to me. There are seven other scents available so if milky isn't really your thing you might find something else you like. I bought the soap as it happened to be the cheapest product at $8.
The soap is 6oz/170g of product. Here's the ingredients.


I was surprised to find that the soap had little exfoliating bits (oatmeal? i don't know) that you can see in the bar.


cute embossing

After several weeks of usage, I find this soap to be average as soaps go. It lathers, cleans, and exfoliates. Pretty basic. The smell is great, though, and it lasts throughout a bath or shower, but once you dry off it's completely gone. Also, I noticed that this soap gets used up fast. I've been using it for less than a month and it looks as if half of it's gone already I had high expectations for this Barr-Co. soap and it kind of disappointed me. I probably won't pick up the soap again. That being said, it hasn't turned me off from the brand. I want to try other products with the original scent (the perfume and hand/body lotions, specifically).

bright young person loves it

this much

No comments:

Post a Comment