Friday, February 28, 2014

/Skin/ Lumene 5 Minute SOS Cream


this was purchased by me.

When my skin was being difficult (ie: oily with dry, flakey, irritated patches) a about a month ago, I went looking for something that would help. While browsing through the beauty section of Marshalls one day, I found this Lumene cream. It looked like the solution to my problems and it was cheap.

Lumene is a Finnish skincare brand. I've used one of their products religiously (which I have yet to feature on this blog) and I figured their other products would be good too. I was glad to pay only $7 for this as it normally costs $20. There is 1.7 oz/50 ml of cream in the tube to be used as stated in the directions as seen below.


The 5 Min. SOS cream is supposed to do three main things (which can be seen in the picture above) through the innovation of Skin Calming Technology (which I think has something to do with Arctic Linen seed).

-instantly moisturizes and conditions skin
-effectively helps to relieve skin irritation, redness and discomfort
-overtime improves skin's strength--skin becomes more resistant to external irritants


These are all the qualities I'd been looking for to alleviate my skin problems. Here is the ingredient list.


I was a little worried about the shea butter in this because it sometimes doesn't play well with oily/acne-prone/combination skin. I decided to risk it because my skin was in such a terrible state.



I was happy to discover that this was safety-sealed, I hadn't checked before I purchased it, and because it was still intact I didn't have to worry about the cream being contaminated.


The cream is white and relatively thick. I couldn't detect any fragrance in the cream, nothing at all perfume-y at all, but there is a light lotion-like scent and I think it's barely noticeable at all. It's great if you have sensitive skin (or a sensitive nose). The cream spreads easily over the skin, getting absorbed immediately. It has an immediate emollient effect and the skin instantly feels hydrated and soothed. My skin felt better in less than five minutes. After applying this to my face, I noticed that my felt extra-moisturized, like, soft and a bit sticky, and I had to wait longer than usually before applying sunscreen/make-up.
I was worried that my skin would get oily when wearing this because the ingredients list oil and shea butter and other things I equated with oily skin. I think i feared that too much moisture would react with my naturally oily skin to make some kind of super-shiny face, which is something I never want to have. Luckily, this didn't make my face any more or less oily throughout the day as other moisturizers I've used. I'm not sure about the long term effects as I've only been using this for about a month, but I like the way it works so far.

Overview
likes
.non-irritating
.soothes and moisturizes my face within minutes
.comes in a convenient, travel-sized tube
.fragrance-free

dislikes
.can be expensive (if not purchased at some place like Marshalls)
.leaves my face feeling too hydrated for too long (like if I want to put make-up or something over it)

bright young person loves it

this much

No comments:

Post a Comment