Thursday, June 12, 2014

/Make-up/ Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara


this was purchased by me.

I picked this up months ago when it was on sale at Rite Aid, but I had wanted to try it ever since it launched. I was intrigued by the idea of a mascara that would make my eyes look bigger with different wands for top and bottom lashes. After using Maybelline's original Falsies mascara, and thinking it was decent, I decided to try this. Let's see if I get bigger-looking eyes.


This retails for around $7 to $10 for .3 fl oz/ 9 ml of product. The mascara is described as a "Revolutionary dual-ended Mascara for 360˚ All Around Lash Glam" with "Two brushes specifically designed for top and bottom lashes [and a] Special quick-dry formula holds lashes in place" as described by the Maybelline website. This mascara is supposed to "amplify lashes 360! The Upper brush pushes lashes over the top while the lower micro-brush grabs every tiny bottom lash for a full circle effect." The brush for the upper lashes is long with numerous medium length bristles packed close together to provide volume to lashes.


volumizing brush for upper lashes

For the lower lashes, the brush is slightly shorter with short, uniform bristles to separate and define lashes.


I'm quite sure that the mascara formula is the same for both ends because the package didn't mention that they're different. There's also no separate ingredient list for either end of the mascara.


Let's take a look at what the mascara looks like on the lashes. For comparison, here are my plain lashes. No curling, just nothing.


In this picture I applied the mascara with the upper lashes wand onto my upper lashes. You can see how it immediately lifts and curls the lashes.


Here I applied the mascara on the lower lashes with the smaller brush. The lower lashes are more defined and my eye looks much more open.


These are my lashes with mascara on both top and bottom lashes on both eyes. They look a little bigger and lashes are more visible.


When I put on the mascara, it didn't really feel like it dried quickly. It had about the same dry time as other mascaras I've used. When I've worn this mascara, I've noticed that it can sometimes smudge, especially if I put product on my lower lashes, and it makes me look raccoonish. For me, the lower lash brush doesn't work for my lower lashes. I don't think putting mascara on my lower lashes looks good on me because I know I've tried to make it work. It never really does and I get mascara under my eye which I try to clean. It always ends up looking messy. What I've started doing is using the lower lash brush for my upper lashes when I want to lengthen and define them or after using the upper lash brush to get rid of clumps.


full face look

I happen to like the upper lash brush. It took me a while to decide whether I liked it or not and if it was performing like I had anticipated it to, but it did in the end. It keeps my lashes lifted and full of volume throughout the day. I've read other review saying the mascara is too clumpy, but that's easily fixed with a lash comb or a disposable spoolie. Since this is the washable version of The Falsies Big Eyes mascara it will run or smear onto your face if your lashes get wet. I just prefer washable mascaras because they're easier to remove at the end of the day. I like this mascara, but I don't love it. It does a decent job and you kind of get two mascaras in one. I just don't love it.

Overview
likes
.two different brushes
.upper lashes brush adds volumes, curls lashes
.lower lash brush defines and separates
.mascara holds curl all day
.affordable

dislikes
.lower lash brush messy to use on lower lashes
.smudges sometimes

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment