Monday, July 7, 2014

/Lips/ Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm


these were purchased by me.

Back to reviewing as normal. I bought these lip balms a few months ago and I was excited to try them because 1) I love lip products & 2) these look like giant crayons (which totally reminded me of doing coloring as a kid).

This matte balm sells for around $7 and has .095 oz/2.7 g of product. According to the Revlon website, this particular product is described as "Vibrant colors infused with a Triple Butter Complex give you a bold, beautiful lip. It’s a burst of matte color with a balm-like feel. Go bold and get moisturized in 10 craveable, collectible shades." It's "Velvety color + balm-like moisture, Infused with a Triple Butter Complex of shea, mango, and coconut butter, [&] Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required".

I picked up two colors. This is Elusive. It's a slightly cool, rosy pink.


This is Mischievous, a neon peachy-orange.

Here are swatches of the matte balms:


Here are the ingredients for the balms (I'm sorry for separating the list, I didn't realize there were more on the bottom part of the label):




Most importantly, how are the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms on the lips? Are they hydrating? Is the color bright and true? Let's take a look. These are my plain lips with a bit of lip balm on because they can get so dry.


bare lips, natural light


First we have Elusive, the pinky balm. It looks quite natural and makes my lips a cool pink.


elusive, natural light

Since these are like giant crayons, it's easy to apply on the lips with a few swipes. I applied one layer on my lips in the picture above and the color pay off is quite good, very true to what you see in the tube. The balm has a minty scent and there is a tingling sensation on the lips during the initial application. The tingling and the scent go away within a few minutes so you don't have to worry about it anytime afterwards. Here's a whole face look:


elusive whole face look, natural light

Next is Mischievous, the peachy orange balm. To compare the color, here are my plain lips again, just lip balm :


Here is one layer of Mischievous on my lips. It looks more peachy than orange and it isn't too bright. This color is surprisingly wearable.


Here's a whole face look with Mischievous.


As much as I like the color payoff of these balms, the minty scent, the tingliness, and the cute twist-up pencil design, there are some things about the balm that I don't much care for. Even though Revlon claims these matte balms are full of moisturizing butters, these don't feel hydrating on my lips. Also, these cling to every dry patch on lips, accentuating dryness because the balm is soooo matte, so you really to exfoliate and hydrate lips before applying. Those are the only things I have problems with, really. The wear time isn't terrible; it stays on for a two to three hours, leaving a ring of color around the lips. The balm has a tendency to fade faster while eating or drinking.

Overview:
likes
.affordable
.nice color payoff
.applies easily and smoothlynice packaging
.minty scent

dislikes
.not hydrating
.clings to dry patches on lips
.not very long lasting
.fades unevenly

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment