Thursday, September 11, 2014

/How-to/ Trimming Bangs

I kind of need a haircut, the last time I cut my hair was in early June. I tend to get my hair trimmed/cut every three months and I've been wanting to get a really short haircut (too much hair! too long!).


Anyway, between my visits to the hair salon, I trim my bangs at home. This saves me time and money plus it's a very easy thing to do. You only need a few tools to do this and before you know it, you'll be able to trim your hair at home too.

You only need three things to trim your bangs:


1) comb
2)hair tie/headband
3)hair cutting shears (available in most stores, also online)

That's it! Now, I don't recommend cutting your own bangs if you don't have any (not even if someone like Kate Moss does it). Please consult your hair stylist/dresser before making a big hair style decision. Anyway, if you already have bangs and you want to manage the length of your bangs, here's what you need to do.

Step 1
Tie or headband back your hair to separate your bangs from your other hair.


Step 2
Comb out your bangs.


Step 3
Stand in front of a mirror. Then start trimming your hair by holding your hair between two fingers while keeping the scissors vertical and making small snips (1/4 in/1 cm at most). Don't try to cut your hair horizontally, if you make a mistake it will leave your bangs uneven and flat. Cutting vertically allows for a bit of layering so the bangs don't looks so thick/heavy. Snip vertically from side to side, making sure the length is fairly even, until you achieve your desired length.


Step 4
Brush away any trimmed hair that may have fallen on your face. (I guess you actually need four things, including this face brush.)


Step 5
Brush out your bangs and you're done!


This is a very simple and effective way to manage bangs at home.
Some key things to remember:

.cut a little bit at a time, if you mess up it won't be as noticeable and will be easy to even out
.do this in front of a mirror
.be careful not to poke an eye or your skin with the scissors
.I don't recommend this at home hair trimming to anyone under 17

Other than that, if you want to save time, money, and the hassle of going to a hair salon every couple of months, the please try this method of trimming bangs. It's what I've been doing for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment