Tuesday, September 9, 2014

/Skin/ First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery


this was purchased by me.

I picked this up a while ago, in April, actually, because my skin was getting really flaky and dry. Nothing I did could soothe and calm my skin down. I was intrigued to see this product and to read about how it helped repair skin. As I've had a good experience with First Aid Beauty products before, I decided to trust this and try it out on my dehydrated face.

This treatment costs $38 and has 1.25oz/36.9 ml worth of product in each bottle. This is a contains "a blend of skin-saving ingredients, including red algae, honey proteins, and oat extract in a highly concentrated water-based formula". With continued use, it "delivers intense hydration deep into the skin while visibly reducing dry patches, redness, signs of stress, and environmental damage, leaving the complexion looking smoother, less blotchy, and more youthful". So basically it's a gentle formula that helps to hydrate and even out the skin. Exactly what I was looking for!

The first thing I noticed about this product was the packaging. More specifically, the nozzle dispenser the liquid came out of. I thought that was the weirdest thing ever.


As strange as it looks, it does limit the amount of product that comes out so you don't waste any. Here's the list of ingredients that are supposed to be safe for even sensitive skin:


I've been using nearly daily for the past five months and I have to say that it has improved the hydration of my skin. This was a dry patch I had on my face in April, it would be flaky like this not matter what I did.


I applied this clear liquid after cleansing and toning. I poured about 3-4 drops of it into my hand and pressed the liquid on my face. It didn't sting at all, it really felt like putting water onto my face. The next day I immediately noticed the difference in my skin, so I continued to use the product everyday as part of my skincare routine. After a while, the effects of the treatment weren't as potent and my skin began to feel dry again, but the dry patches didn't appear as often. Here's my skin after 4 months of using this product:


I don't have any dry flakes on my face! But my skin does feel dry in certain areas, like my cheeks, even after using this product. I've been using more hydrating and hypoallergenic skincare as well to help keep my skin moisturized. I don't know if this is something I need in my skincare regime...it works well at first, but it doesn't keep the dryness from returning. This is also expensive...it does last for 5-6 months so if you don't mind the price and moderate the amount you use it can last a long time. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase. I think when I finish it I'll wait a while to see if my skin changes.

Overview
likes
.works immediately
.hydrating: hydrates dry, flaky patches
.non-irritating

dislikes
.expensive
.potency of product wears off/less effective as time passes
.strange packaging

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment