Monday, November 24, 2014

/Make-up/ NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray


this was purchased by me.

I got this a while ago...I can't remember when, exactly, but more than three months ago. I originally purchased it because I was interested in trying a setting spray and my skin was feeling very dry at the time; I wanted to set my make-up with something that wouldn't accentuate or irritate my dry skin while keeping me shine-free. Enter NYX's matte setting spray.

This sells for $7.99 for 2.02 oz/60 ml. It's described as "A lightweight water-based setting spray [that] shields your flawless look from temperature variations, sweat, and air pollution, leaving your skin looking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G without having to constantly replay your make-up." Sounds great for make-up setting as far as I'm concerned. NYX is a cruelty-free cosmetics company and there's a little label on the packaging acknowledging this (this product can also last up to to 6 months).


The ingredient list is here. The product itself is dispensed through a fine mist spray from this spritzer.


There is no scent at all when this is sprayed which is nice and it won't be bothersome to those sensitive to overly scented things. Let's see how this works on the face~ Here is a look I did and this is how my face looked before applying the setting spray.


natural light


My face looks quite matte already as I used the Etude House Dear Girls BB cream (which I think has been discontinued...but their Cotton Fit BB Cream might be a good substitute.). First I shook the bottle a bit, then I followed the directions on the label holding it about 6 inches away from my face and sprayed. Here is my face after spraying. I spritzed about 3 times to cover my entire face.


natural light & I fixed my hair

I can't tell if my face is matte because of the spray or just the BB cream in these two pictures, but I've used this before with a less matte base and it's resulted in a more demo-matte finish. I like to use this setting spray on days when my skin is drier and putting on powder makes my skin feels uncomfortable. This is what my faced looked like five hours after setting my face with the NYX spray. I didn't blot or do any touch-ups.


with flash

I decided to take this picture with the flash because by the time I needed to take a "few hours later" picture it was already getting dark. Looking at it though, I think it shows the areas that would get shiny well. My nose and cheeks are the most shiny as I usually get oily there, but overall there isn't much shine going on. And if there is some it looks very natural and kind of healthy in a glowy-skin kind of way. There are times when I'm super oily and this doesn't help very much with shine, so I usually blot with paper and it looks find afterwards. I liked that none of my make-up faded once I applied this and my face pretty much looked the same the whole day.
This is a pretty good product for the price. It keeps skin looking fairly matte throughout the day, eventually fading to a nice glowy look. It doesn't seem to last the whole day, though, so I would recommend blotting paper and/or powder if you have particularly oily skin. I would repurchase this and I want to try the NYX's dewy setting spray as well.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.available in most stores & online
.keeps skin mostly matte
.sets make-up well
fragrance-free
.non-irritating
.good alternative to setting powder for dry skins
.don't need to spray much, product will last a while

dislikes
.doesn't keep skin matte all day
.more than one spray needed to cover face

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment