Wednesday, December 3, 2014

/Make-up/ L'Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation


this was purchased by me.

I'm always looking for products that will make my complexion look a little nicer be it skincare or cosmetics. I've been wanting to try this foundation for a while because it was said to be a dupe for Giorgio Armani's Maestro foundation, which is super expensive. Being the frugal, poor person I am, I bought this instead when it was on sale & when I had a $1 off coupon. Having used it for a few months, I'm glad to share my thoughts on this product with you.

This costs for $11-13 for .9 fl. oz./27 ml of product. I bought my bottle when Rite Aid was having a 40% off everything L'Oreal sale and then I used my coupon so I ended up paying around $7. I picked up the shade 316 Nude Beige because I liked the name...and I also thought this color would suit me better after searching around the internet for swatches of this foundation.

On the L'Oreal Paris website, this is described as "Get the ultimate un-makeup look with Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup with SPF 18. Revolutionary liquid transforms on contact, leaving a soft powder like finish. This foundation is so amazingly lightweight it's like wearing no makeup at all! Just shake and apply – it’s magic!" I like the idea of light make-up with skin perfecting powers.
It comes in a glass bottle that feels really nice and heavy, but probably isn't so travel friendly. Here is the list of ingredients:


sun protection!


While researching this product on the internet, I read there was alcohol in the formula that might irritate/dry skin out. If you have any cuts on your face it will most likely be a bit painful. From personal experience, I will say that the Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation doesn't work well at all with dry, flaky skin. If you have that sort of skin you really need to exfoliate and moisturize before applying this. Anyway, here is a swatch of nude beige (316):


It's a little lighter than my natural skin color and a little more pinker than the picture shows. It does have a slight rubbing alcohol scent at first, but it disappears once applied to the skin. Let's see how it looks on me! Here is my bare face after cleansing, moisturizing, etc.


natural light, bare face

This is my face after applying one layer of the L'Oreal foundation. I shook the little bottle and then dispensed some of the foundation to my hand (I put the opening of the bottle to my hand, flip it over, flip it upright, and use the foundation left over in my hand. Does that make sense? I'll do it about four times to get enough to cover my face & neck). It really brightens my face and evens it out, covering some of my flaws. I like the way it feels when I blend it into my skin, it has a very light texture and it feels like nothing.


natural light, with foundation

This is not a full coverage foundation, it's light to medium light I would say and it doesn't build up too well. I needed to use some concealer for other blemishes. It has a demi-matte finish so you don't end up looking too shiny or too flat. The concept of this make-up is similar to Hourglass' Immaculate liquid to powder foundation. The L'Oreal foundation is less heavy on the skin and sheerer in coverage. To be honest, I much prefer the texture & finish of this one. Here is my complete look.


natural light, finished look! wearing these lenses

I like this foundation. It's great for someone just getting into make-up and those who have have oily to normal skin. One issue I have with it, though, is that it tends to fade on my face and it doesn't look as nice as it did when I first put it on. I need to touch up after around 4 hours.
This is good is you're looking for a light, low coverage foundation. I used this foundation during the fall and it matched my skin well. These days it looks a little darker on my skin so I don't really use it as much. Nude beige is a nice transition color for me, something good to wear in the fall and maybe again in mid-spring, but now it doesn't match.

Overview
likes
.widely available
.wide range of color
.feels light on skin
.covers small flaws, perfects skin
.demi-matte finish
.no overwhelming fragrance
.has SPF

dislikes
.expensive for a drugstore foundation
.fades
.bottle not ideal for traveling with

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment