Friday, December 19, 2014

/Make-up/ NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer Jar


this was purchased by me.

When I first started wearing make-up, concealer wasn't a very important thing for me. Over the years, I've come to think of it as a lifesaver in making me look presentable. I first got into concealers for blemishes, but recently I've been looking for concealers to combat the dark circles that have been appearing under my eyes (I'm getting so old....). I was attracted to this NYX on because it was cheap and cruelty-free. After using this for a few months, I'm ready to share my thoughts with you.

This costs around $5 for .24 oz/7g of product. It can be found in most stores as well as online. I happened to buy mine from Target. Anyway, on the NYX website this is described as something that "hides the villains of dark circles and blemishes with a vengeance. Available with an arsenal of shades and an advanced formula that provides long-lasting full coverage." Sounds like something that would really work well against the darkness under my eyes.
I was a bit worried when I bought this because there was no safety seal on the jar. I later saw that there was a plastic seal under the top to keep the product safe until personal use.


The shade I got was Beige CJ04. It looked the closest to my skin color, but I didn't check swatches online so I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good match. Luckily, when I swatched it on my skin at home it matched really well.


It looks like it matches nearly perfectly in the the picture, but it's actually a little pinker than my natural skin tone. As I mentioned earlier, NYX products are cruelty-free, this being no exception, and this is the ingredient list:


Well, how does this work, you ask? Is it indeed full-coverage, long-wearing, and crease-free? Let's find out. So, here are my eyes before putting concealer under the. I know they probably don't look that bad in the picture, but there are days when I have a darker purplish hue under them and I want to cry. I guess I just got a really good amount of sleep before I took this picture


natural light

Since this comes in a jar, I use a concealer brush to pick up the product to keep it somewhat sanitary otherwise, but I think it would be fine to dip your finger in as long as it's clean and you own that particular jar of concealer. This product has no scent at all and it applies very smoothly on the skin.


I apply it under my eye in a triangle-ish shape and also at the corner of my outer eyes which also has a tendency to be dark.


natural light

This is what it looked after I blended out the concealer. It blends fairly easily when my fingers are warm and it spreads with little effort.


natural light

You can see how brighter one side is compared to the other. This is how I look after I applied concealer under my other eye as well.


natural light

Here is my finished make-up look using this concealer.


full make-up look, natural light

I do think this is a full- coverage concealer. It does a great job at making my dark-cicles disappear. This NYX concealer stays on well, it lasts from when I apply it to when I take it off, but it doesn't look as nice as the day goes on. I don't really find this product to be very moisturizing, which is something I've been looking for in an under eye concealer, and despite the claims this does start to crease under eyes with prolonged wear. For the price, the NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage concealer jar is a pretty amazing product. It works well to help you look rested and ready to face the day.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.cruelty-free
.fragrance-free
.travel-friendly jar
.available in most stores
.lots of product, should last a long time
.conceals blemishes and other scoots well
.easy to blend
.long-wearing

dislikes
.not so sanitary packaging
.creases
.drying throughout the day
.can be difficult ro choose the right color

bright young person loves it

this much.


Quick announcement: I'm going to be traveling again! This time I'll be going through the southwestern/southern states with family. It will be about 10 days....check out my twitter interesting pictures and things. I'll be back soon with a bunch of new posts ^U^

No comments:

Post a Comment