Thursday, January 15, 2015

/Make-up/ Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age CC Cream


this was purchased by me.

As usual my quest for a nice complexion continues with this CC cream from Lumene. I've had a lot of good experience with Lumene products, even reviewing this on my blog, and I think they're a very underrated brand. Anyway, I picked this up during the summer at Ulta as I've been interested in trying this for some time. After months of daily use, I'm ready to share my thoughts on this CC Cream with you.

This costs around $14.99 (on sale now here) for 1 fl oz/30 ml of product. There are two shades available, Light and Medium.I picked up the Medium shade because I was a little more tan during the summer and I wasn't sure how light the light shade is. On the packaging this Color Correcting cream is described as
"Smooth and flawless skin with moisturizing and caring anti-age cream. Broad spectrum SPF 20 protects from UV rays which helps to prevent premature signs of aging. Long-wear, air-light formula perfectly evens out the skin tone and covers imperfections. Use as day cream, under foundation or alone."
This is formulated with wild arctic lingonberry which "rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants."The fatty acids from the berries are supposedly needed for proper skin function and the antioxidants defend against external skin aggressors that cause aging. Here is the full list of ingredients from the box.




The CC cream is dispensed from a thin nozzle at the opening of the tube that makes it easy to control the amount you want. I also find this hygienic as you don't have to dip your fingers into a jar.


<>Here is a swatch of the CC cream along with a picture of the cream blended out.


This is a light pinky beige shade that has a little bit f luminosity to it. It helps to brighten my face, but it's much lighter than I expected. I'm glad I got the Medium because I think the light wouldn't work on my skin tone at all. Lumene's CC cream has a slightly sweet, floral scents which I like, that lasts about a minute before going away. It kind of reminded me of L'Oreal's BB cream with more floral notes. Let's see how this looks like on my face.

This is me after my basic morning skincare routine. It's a little dull and my pores are visible (ToT).


natural light

Here I've applied the Lumene CC cream on my face. You can see how it's brightened it up and covered some of my imperfections.


natural light

Here's my final look after completing my make-up.


natural light

I like that this CC cream goes on smoothly and blends well. It is moisturizing without making me an oily mess and it leaves a demi-matte finish on the skin. I was surprised how well the cream was able to cover my problem areas with one layer. It's not full-coverage, but it covers enough and it's buildable to at least medium coverage. Lumene says this can be used as a day cream, a primer of sorts under foundation, or alone as a foundation and I prefer to use it as the last option. I can see how those with oil skin could use this as a base under a powder or mattifying foundation to brighten up the skin and add moisture. The wear for this is astonishingly long-lasting as I wore this to my cousin's wedding and it looked great all night long.
I really like Lumene's CC Cream. It's great to use on days when I need to get ready in a hurry plus it provides protection against environmental stressors that cause aging (I haven't see any major anti-aging improvements on my face, but my skin feels softer and looks brighter after using this). I also like the packaging as it's easy to travel with and dispense product. It's not easy to find everywhere, but places like Ulta or Walgreens stock Lumene and often have discounts.

Overview
likes
.good, medium coverage
.long-wearing
.brightening
.moisturizing
.compact, functional packaging
.pleasant scent
.a little cream is needed to cover face & neck

dislikes
.limited shade range
.not readily available everywhere
.a little pricey for a drugstore product

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment