Sunday, April 26, 2015

/Skin/ Maybelline Clean Express! Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover


this was purchased by me.

I bought this a while back, many months ago, and I even mentioned it (very discreetly) when I first started blogging. Having just finished this bottle, let's see how this worked out for me.

This make=up remover sells for around $5 for 4 fl oz./120 mL of product. On the Maybelline website it's described as
"Go from Fierce to Fresh-Faced...Fast!
Oil-free, dual phase formula leaves no greasy residue
Quick dissolving power with no harsh rubbing"


This make-up remover has these features "Dual-phase formula breaks up even longwear and waterproof makeup, and removes instantly, Oil-free, Ophthalmologist tested, Allergy tested [&] Safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes".
Here is the ingredient list:


Let's see how this does at removing my eye make-up! As this is a dual-phase product, you need to shake the bottle to mix the the two fluids in the bottle together. As this doesn't have any oil in it. I'm not sure what the top, floating liquid is...anyway, after shaking the bottle, I dispensed a certain amount onto a cotton pad.


I prefer to use cotton pads (these specifically) because I don't get bits of cotton stuck in my eyelashes and I'm able to cut them in half so I can use them for twice as long. Back to the review, then. The Clean Express make-up remover is fragrance-free. There is no indication of fragrance in the formula according to the ingredient list and I didn't detect any scent when I used this. For comparison, here is my eyelid with make-up on. I have eyeshadows, liner, and mascara on there.


I applied the dampened cotton pad on my eye for about 30 seconds, moving it lightly back and forth to get all the make-up on my eye. I've never experienced any stinging or irritation when I use this on my eyes. Here is what happened afterwards:


looks clean

The waterproof Clean Express remover works well to take off eye make-up at the end of the day. The majority of my products I applied to my eye have been removed easily and gently. My only problem with this is that it doesn't take off all of my mascara. I don't even wear waterproof mascara and it remains on my lashes after using this. I'll wash my face and there will be black splotches under my eyes. I think that's the most disappointing aspect of Maybelline's Clean Express make-up remover.
Maybelline claims the two-phase formula removes "stubborn makeup, even waterproof mascara" in the first phase "while the second washes it clean". I was under the impression this would remove all traces of make-up...As much as that bothers me, I quite like everything else about this from the translucent pink packaging to the price to the remover's gentle, fragrance-free qualities. One bottle lasts about four to five months when used nightly (for me) so it's a good value.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.available in most stores
.gentle formula, non-irritating
.fragrance-free
.removes most make-up
.no greasy feel on skin
.one bottle lasts a few months

dislikes
.doesn't remove all my mascara

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment