Wednesday, May 20, 2015

/Make-up/ Revlon GrowLuscious Mascara


this was purchased by me.

I don't know about you, but whenever I'm looking to purchase a new beauty product I tend to look for something to benefit me. Something to care for my skin or lips or in this case my eyelashes. I've been using mascara for almost six years (yes, I was slow to the make-up game...), but I avoided using it because I didn't want to deal with removing it from my lashes every night. I also have a slight fear the overusing eyelash curlers could traumatize my lashes and impede them from growing. Strange notions aside, I picked up this mascara because its "lash enhancing formula improves lashes' overall appearance and condition with every day use." Having used this for about three months, I'm ready to share my thoughts on it.

This retails for around $7 for .38 fl oz/11.2 ml. On the Revlon website this is described as "Get lashes that not only look instantly longer and lusher, but will also become stronger. In fact, 94%* of women saw instantly longer, more lush lashes (*94% of women tested. Data on file). " It is boasts these features:

• Longer, more lush lashes
• Oversized lash-extending brush
• Ophthalmologist tested

The GrowLuscious mascara comes in a green tube (not the most appealing color for make-up packaging, I think) and has a very large brush.


I quite like brush because it's able to get all my lashes in one go. The wand is also long enough to use comfortably. This line of mascaras come in three colors: Blackened Brown, Black, and Blackest Black. I picked up the Blackest Black because I wanted my lashes to be bold and really frame my eyes.
Here's the ingredient list:


In terms of scent, it's just like standard mascara. There are no perfume-y smells. It doesn't irritate my eyes or nose so it's fine for me to use daily. Let's see how it looks on my lashes~

These are my lashes without anything on them. They're not visible in the view from straight ahead, but when my eyes are closed you can see I actually do have lashes.


This is what my eyelashes looked like after one coat of Revlon's GrowLuscious mascara:


The mascara does a good job lifting my lashes and making them look more voluminous. I don't think they look any longer, though, as they're still barely visible above the my eye crease. This mascara formula is also on the drier side making it difficult to build up layers on the lashes. I generally like this mascara, but I really dislike that it smudges. About three hours after I apply this, it begins to smudge under my eyes. I haven't really noticed any change in the lushness and condition of my lashes. I suppose they look a little longer, but I haven't seen any long-term benefits after months of use.
This is a nice basic mascara. I think the claim of "lash enhancing" has a placebo effect on me making me think my eyelashes are being cared for. Anyway, I like it. It's ok to use and gives me the general effect I want on my lashes. I tend to lightly apply powder under my eyes to help stop the mascara transfer.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.available in most stores
.easy to use
.thickens and lifts lashes
.no strong scent

dislikes
.dry formula
.smudges under eyes

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment