Wednesday, August 12, 2015

/Skin/ Skin79 Crystal Peeling Gel


this was purchased by me.

Sorry for the lack of posts. I'm still working on getting my documents ready and packing for my move abroad. It's really stressful. Anyway, I wanted to write up a review for this SKin79 product as I've been using it for a while. Is it any good? Let's find out!

This is an exfoliator that will help to remove sebum and dead skin cells. I bought mine at Yesstyle.com which sells this for about $12 for 100 ml/4 oz. I think YesStyle has one of the cheaper prices for this product and you can get free shipping with every $35 purchase. Upon opening the my package, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a safety seal on the opening of the tube.


The description on the box says

"Containing Cellulose from plants and Sutilains components that helps with exfoliation removes accumulated sebum and dead skin cells, it bestows vitality to the skin and makes the skin texture clean and sleek. Trehalose and Hyaluronic Acid soothe sensitive skin so that maintain balance of oil and water while Apple Extract protects calms skin in comfort from harmful environment and stress so that maintains healthy skin."

It essentially gently exfoliates the skin and keeps it smooth.
Here is the ingredient list:


The directions say to spread an appropriate amount on the face (I squeeze out about a pea size) while avoiding the eye area then rinse with warm water. It is advised to use this once or twice a week as it is can lead to skin irritation/damage. I only use this once a week and I haven't experienced any reactions to this on my face.

Here's how the peeling gel works on the skin. For reference, this is what the skin on the back of my hand looks like without any product on it.


Now I apply some of Skin79's gel and work it into the skin. I think this works best applied to dry skin after cleansing (so, pat your face dry with a towel first) as it can have direct contact with the skin and exfoliates better. The gel has a slight floral scent that isn't overwhelming or bothersome to me. The scent goes away once worked gently over the skin.




The peeling gel is very gentle and there's stinging or roughness usually associated with scrub-type exfoliators. You can see how the gel starts to ball up as it picks up dead skin cells. Kind of gross, but at least you can see it working. Here's how my skin looked after rinsing off the gel.


My skin definitely felt softer and smoother. When compared to how my hand looked before I used Skin79's peeling gel, you can see how my skin has also become brighter.


brightens skin too!

With once a week use I've been able to use this product for about nine months. I think there's still half of the gel left. At this price point, this is a good exfoliator option for those sensitive to exfoliating scrubs or brushes.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.gentle on the skin
.smoothes skin
.brightens
.one tube lasts a long time
.safety-sealed

dislikes
.not easily available in stores, mostly found online
.not fragrance-free
.alcohol is listed high on the ingredient list

bright young person love it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment