Friday, January 23, 2015

/Lips/ NYX Peaches and Cream Butter Gloss


this was purchased by me.

Ah, another pink lip gloss to give me a pretty pink pout. I'm very much obsessed with lippies and pink is my favorite variety. I had been wanting to try NYX's butter glosses for a long time and I finally indulged in getting one when Ulta was having a sale of 40% off on certain brands. I picked this color because it looked like a warm peachy pinky that would complement my skin tone. After using it for the last few months in various looks, I'm ready to share my thoughts on the butter gloss with you.

This sells for about $5 and has .27 fl.oz./8 ml of product in the tube. It's described as a "buttery lip gloss with a sweet scent that provides sheer to medium coverage on your lips without that sticky feeling" that "provides nourishment with a flush of color on your lips giving you the perfect pout." It seems like a good deal. I want nourished lips with some color. NYX's Butter Glosses have doe foot applicators that easily glide on the lips.

The color I picked out is Peaches and Cream. It's a warm, peachy pink that has yellow tones. Here's a swatch of the gloss.


I was happy to see it has nice pigmentation in one layer. Most pink lip glosses I've tried have been very sheer (except this one that I reviewed on here) and I'm glad this is a true to color. I was worried about the scent of the gloss as I've read reviews of people either strongly disliking it or those that think it's ok. I happen to be ok with it; the scent is sweet, a bit like a vanilla cupcake. It doesn't last very long and since I'm fine with the scent I'm not bothered by it. The list of ingredients can be found here and as with all NYX products, this is cruelty-free (yay!). We've seen the pigmentation in a swatch, but how does it translate on the lips? Let's have a look!

Here are my plain lips, with just a little bit of lip balm on.


natural light

Here are my lips with one layer of Peaches and Cream.


natural light

I was surprised the color appeared on my lips. It's not as vibrant as the swatch, but there's enough pigment to cover the natural color of my lips. It does seem to come across as cooler when worn, but it's still wearable. It really brightens my face and provides a nice pop of glossy color.


natural light
wearing GEO flower plum green lenses

It wears well for at least three hours then the color starts to fade. Lips stay moisturized after the color has gone, which is nice. It's best to exfoliate and hydrate the lips well before applying this, though, as the gloss can cling to dry patches/flakes. I quite like the formula, which goes on smoothly, and the wear of the butter gloss. The only thing I don't quite like is that there's mineral oil in the formula and since it's listed first in the ingredients it must be a prominent component. As much as I don't like that ingredient, I would still like to try other colors from the range as well as the new intense butter glosses that will be released in the spring.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.smooth, hydrating formula
.pigmented
.cruelty-free
.good selection of colors to choose from

dislikes
.not available in all stores
.contains mineral oil
.catches on dry patches on lips
.strong, sweet scent

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment