Wednesday, January 7, 2015

/Skin/ Etude House Real Art Moisture Cleansing Oil


this was gifted to me.

When my mom went back to South Korea last October, she was nice enough to pick up a few Korean skincare things for me. Since my birthday is in October this worked out as a way for me to get good presents ^^. Since I finished my last cleansing oil I've been using Etude House's Real Art cleansing oil. This has become part of my nightly routine for the past two months and I'd like to share my thoughts on it with you.

This cost about $12.80 (+around $8 shipping if you buy it from Etude House's global site) for 6.76 fl oz/200 ml of product. As described on the website, this "is formulated with coconut oil to gently remove tough waterproof makeup while protection and moisturizing skin" and it "effectively removes the following makeup : Eyeliner, Mascara, Lipstick, BB Cream, Eye Brow." Sounds great. As my skin has been changing with the weather (and with age (╯︵╰,)) I'm looking for products that will hydrate my skin. I also prefer using cleansing oils to remove make-up because you get to massage your face and it's less harsh on the face than cleansing wipes.
Whn I opned the box, I discovered that the dispenser and bottle were separate, which was different.


Here's the completed bottle when you put the dispenser in. I quite like the pacakaging as well. The frosted yellow rectangular-shaped bottle looks really cute in the bathroom and it's easy to get a grip on.


ta-da

Here's a quick look at the list of ingredients (yay! no mineral oil!):


In case you aren't familiar with how cleansing oils work, you pump some oil into your hands, massage it into a dry face, add water to emulsify, then rinse with warm water. This is a little diagram from the box:


How well does this work on removing make-up and keeping skin moisturized after washing? Let's take a look!
Here I doodled on my arm with some of Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencils and Prestige lip liner.


This is what happened when I added a bit of Etude House's cleansing oil, then water, then rinsed it off.


You can see how the cleansing oil starts to break down the make-up in the top picture, it removes the make-up once water is added, and it all rinses alway without leaving any residue. I noticed that my skin didn't feel tight after washing and it was also smoother. The oil has a prominent citrus scent which I doesn't bother me much. It's not very strong, but if you are sensitive to scents or you don't like citrus this might not be for you. When removing make-up at night, I like to use a separate remover for my eyes if I'm wearing mascara, but otherwise this takes off the rest. What I like about Etude House's cleansing oil over Shu Uemura's is that this one didn't irritate my eyes. This felt very gentle and safe to use.
After a few days of trying this out, I found out that 1 1/2 pumps of oil is enough to cover my face and neck. You may need more if you're wearing more make-up, but 1 1/2 is a good standard amount so that you don't use too much oil too quickly. With two months of nightly use the bottle is still 3/4 full. I definitely want to repurchase this and maybe try the other versions (especially that deep moisture one).

Overview
likes
.removes make-up throughly
.affordable
.non-irritating
.skin feels smooth after rinsing
.should last a while
.cute, functional packaging

dislikes
.difficult to get in U.S.
.can cost more due to shipping
.prominent citrus fragrance
.not very moisturizing

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment