Wednesday, June 11, 2014

/Skin/ Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil


this was purchased by me.

I bought this in December when the Shu Uemura site was having the 25% off orders of $50+ sale. I intended to get the cleansing oil in the pink bottle because I've used it before and thought it was good, but it was sold out at the time. I chose this, which is totally expensive at $42 for a 5 oz/150 ml bottle and $90 for 15 oz/ 450 ml, because it was the only other classing oil without mineral oil in the ingredient list. I've been using it since January and here are my thoughts on it.

As you can see from the picture above, I've used almost half of the cleansing oil. I use the cleanser almost every night, but I sometimes use another make-up remover because this stuff is so expensive and I want to keep as much as I can. The cleansing oil itself is a clear liquid not the amber-color as on the bottle. This one has a thicker consistency compared to the the pore refining oil in the pink bottle.


It has a slightly herbal fragrance, which I find to be a little medicinal, but I don't mind it. I kind of like it even though I much prefer the scent of the other pore refining cleansing oil. This particular oil is "the precious essence of 8 exquisite botanical origin oils has been merged together. those were carefully sought out from Chinese medicines and beauty oils all over the world proven to have the highest skincare efficacy for a petal-soft silky smooth sensation" from the Shu Uemura site. The "8 exquisite oils from botanical origin for ultimate solution to 8 skin benefits powerful yet gentle botanical origin removal system for superb cleansing. [It] removes effortless[ly] all kind of make-up and impurities. Skin feels soften, conditioned, hydrated, nourished from within and glows with a new radiance." As per the site.

I use one pump of oil to remove the make up on my face (usually after using Bioderma to take off my eye make-up) which I find sufficient to cover all my face and neck and to prolong the amount of product I have. I apply it to me dry face, add some water to emulsify the oil, and rinse. This is suitable for all skin types, particularly dry according to the description.


After rinsing, my face feels moisturized and soft, very comfortable. It doesn't feel dry or tight (like the pore refining oil) and my skin hasn't been irritate at all by it. As my skin has started feeling drier and more sensitive these days, I find this slightly hydrating cleansing oil a nice addition to my cleansing regiment. I quite like it. The only problem is the price...

Overview
likes
.easy to use
.removes all make-up
.doesn't make my skin feel dry or irritated
.nice packaging
.mineral oil free

dislikes
.expensive
.herb-y, medicinal scent

bright young person love it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment