Sunday, September 27, 2020

/Style/ Tory Burch Small Gemini Link Canvas Tote

Hello, everyone! It's been awhile....so sorry! 2020 has been a busy and crazy year. Despite all the things going on, I've been forunate to be working full-time. I haven't been wearing much make-up these days, honestly. The last time I was wearing a full face was in February. In the mean time, I've been focusing on skincare and mental health...work is still very much stressful! Styles is another element I've shifted my focus to and I needed a durable, cleanable, and cute new bag for my daily needs. Here's what I got.
This tote bag retails for around $228 and I got mine in South Korea for about ₩227,000 (nearly the same price) from SSG.com. What drew me to this particular bag was the print and the price. I thought is was cute and discreet compared to other designer brands or contemporary. I had been familar with Tory Burch as a designer for a few years. I knew about the shoes that most women always wore. Nothing particulary stood out to me until I spotted this.

The tote is described as "A signature Gemini link motif symbolizes the dual offerings of form and function provided by a sporty tote in water-resistant coated canvas." from Nordstrom's website. The gemini name and links pattered on the exterior of the bag are also a representation of Tory Burch's astrology sign and the fact she has twin sons. The color of my bag is Heron Grey and I decided on the smaller tote because I already have bigger bags, smaller would mean less bulky. There is beautiful goldtone hardware throughout. It measures 12"W x 9 ½"H x 4"D, weighing 1.2 lbs. when empty. It's a perfect size for every day use and fits all my essentials with a zipped top.

added security!

I thought this would be good for work, too, but it doesn't hold everything I need and wear comfortable. I always bring a water bottle, lunch, folders, awallet, headphone, an umbrella, a sweater....so I needed another bag that could hold all of that. The gemini tote is my bag of choice for the weekend and I literally grab it every time I go out. I love theat the color and print match with most of my wardrobe.
It goes well with dresses.


And I like to wear it casually with the removeable strap it comes with. When not in use, I keep it inside the bag.


I really like to use this as it's easy to clean, being all canvas, and it's so versatile. It fits a lot like my wallet, a water bottle, sunglasses, sweater, phone, and cosmetic case. One negative thing about this bag is that it doesn't hold its shape very well. When I wear it crossbody, it tends to sag and fold to my body shape which annoys me a bit. I still enjoy this tote. It's often on sale or at a cheaper price. There's also a larger size that would be nice for work or travel. I would consider getting another color, but I plan to save up for other luxury designer bags in the future.

Bright Young Person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment