Thursday, February 8, 2018

/Make-Up/ Tony Moly BCDation+


this was purchased by me.

I go this foundation a few months ago because I needed a base that would be hydrating for my face. After browsing around Gmarket, I happened to find this on sale. The description was everything I was looking for.

The BCDation+ sells for $17.47 on this site (I paid 9,220₩) for 40 g/1.4 oz of product. There are only 3 shades available: 1 Vanilla Beige, 2 Skin Beige, 3 Warm Beige. I've been using 2 Skin Beige for about 2 months. This is described as "A multi-tasking formula that delivers deep hydration, and complete coverage." I was sold on the hydration aspect of this and that's what made me buy it. There is SPF 30 in the formula to protect against the sun and a complete list of ingredients can be found here.


The packaging of the foundation is rather sleek, but I was disappointed to find out it was plastic. This makes it a magnet for fingerprints. The foundation dispenses from a pump at the top that makes it easy to control how much product you want to use. I was curious about why this was called a 'BCDation+'. On Tony Moly's Korean website, it calls this "an all in one product for whitening, UV protection, smoothing, and wrinkle improvement." (Translated on Papago.) Interestingly, the BCDation+ is listed under CC Creams and not foundations so there is some skincare element in the formula.

Here is a swatch of 2 Skin Beige. It's a light beige with a warm, yellow tone.


The BCDation+ is a little thicker when it comes out and it doesn't feel or look very moisturizing. It has a pleasant floral scent, I'm sure it's roses, that dissipates soon after application to the skin. Let's see what it looks like on my face! Here is the before and after.


before/after, natural light

I used my fingers to apply 1/2 a pump of it to my face & neck.The formula is a bit thick, but I was able to blend it out and pat finish fairly easily. It sets pretty quick once applied. You can see how my face has brightened up and evened out in the after picture. (Side note: at a loss for words on how nice my skin looks w/o make-up. up close there's a lot of dryness and irritation/redness going on. and my hair is so long!)
This is my complete look with the BCDation+.


natural light

I don't need to set this as it dries to a semi-matte finish and my skin is feeling so dry these days. The BCDation+ lasts all day, looking good and staying true to color. To me it's not as hydrating as promised, even when used with a moisturizing primer/oil. I like that it feels light, like my skin can breathe.

One thing I discovered recently was that the packaging is very misleading....


the audacity!

I was like, "OMG there is actually less!" But it still looks nice. It's also good to see how much product you have left, I guess.

Overview
likes
.lightweight wear
.evens out skin
.hygienic packaging
.looks luxe on a vanity
.blends easily

dislikes
.limited skin tone range
.fragranced
.cheap feel (plastic)
.deceptive packaging
.not very hydrating
.pricey (unless on sale)
.difficult to find outside of South Korea

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment