Thursday, February 22, 2018

/Skin/ Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel


this was purchased by me

Since my skin has been super dry lately, I decided to add this to my routine. Aloe is known to have soothing and healing properties so I researched which aloe gels in Korea were formulated without alcohol (skin irritant). It was either this or the aloe gel from Etude House. I picked Holika Holika because it was cheaper and it came with a free gift ^^

First off, the packaging is unique and innovative. It totally stands out. The regular sized aloe leaf shaped container has 250 ml/ 8.5 fl. oz for $8.48 on Amazon. I was able to get mine for about $5.22 and it came with a cute 55 ml/1.9 fl. oz mini aloe gel.

On the Canadian Holika Holika website, this product is described as
1. 99 % fermented aloe vera leaf juice is contained. Fermented contents maximize the effect of activating components like aloesin. So it helps your skin to be clear & healthy.
2. Moist feeling without stickiness.
3. It is absorbed fast & freshly without stickiness. plus it soothes the stimulated skin by hot sun light & makes your skin moist & sleek. 7 free system for skin health No Parabens, No Benzophenone, No Propylene Glycol , No BHT, No Animal ingredient, No artificial coloring, No mineral oil.


It had the qualities I was looking for in a product to soothe & moisturize my skin. Here is the full ingredient list:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

I intended to apply this to my face as a essence/serum before cream. This is a good deal as you get a lot of aloe gel. The larger container has a flip-top cap that makes it easy and sanitary to get the gel.


The one downside to this is it tends to dispense too much. The mini aloe gel has a twist off cap, but the bottle somehow broke so I had to put the gel in another container from Daiso...;_;


before/adding some gel

This aloe gel is a little thicker and stickier than others I've used. It's also a little runny. The gel has a typical aloe scent which I find refreshing. This is easy to spread on the skin and forms a moisturizing barrier. It feels cooling on my skin, but on my face it stings a little bit on sensitive, dry areas.


after rubbing for a few minutes...still not absorbed (flash)

Another con is that this gel takes a while to absorb into the skin. I pat it in after spreading across my face and sometimes it takes longer than I expect. Holika Holika's aloe gel is hydrating when I put it on, but once it's worked into the skin it feels a little dry. This might be a good moisturizer for those with oily/combination skin. This does on ok job at treating my dryness. I do think I will need to get an actual serum/something with hyaluronic acid to help my skin. I'll use it for now and it will probably be good for summer use.

Overview
likes
.good price for amount
.alcohol-free/gentle formula
.unique packaging
.cool & refreshing feeling
.hydrates on contact with skin

dislikes
.faulty packaging (breaks easily, dispenses too much product)
.takes a while to absorb
.skin doesn't feel hydrated after
.limited stockists

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment