Saturday, December 14, 2013

/Skin/ E.L.F. Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets

I'm well aware that I have oily skin. I just never really wanted to deal with it much during my teenage years, oddly enough, and now I try everything to keep my face shine free. So I turned to oil-blotting sheets.


this was purchased by me.

I've been using these to help control my shininess for a few years and I picked up these e.l.f. ones because they're cheep and basically everywhere (you know, easily accessible to most).

The first oil blotting papers I used were from Japan. That was because I bought them in Japan. When I returned to the U.S. I looked around for similar products, but they were always a bit too expensive for me. Eventually I found e.l.f. and what made me buy it was the $1 price tag for 50 sheets. I picked mine up at a local Target, but it's sold anywhere you'd can find e.l.f. stuff.




I like the slim design of the paper holder, it's great for toting around in any bag (the design on the packaging, however, doesn't do anything for me...). The blotting sheet doesn't feel filmy, it's simply a very thin paper. I have no idea what those brown dots are, but they don't interfere with the texture of the sheet. Here are the directions and instructions for usage.


cruelty-free!

Let's see how this works. I like to touch up halfway through the day. It's a habit and it refreshes my make-up until I go home and wash it all off. This is my face after five hours after my initial make-up application.


natural light; trust me, it's worse in person

Here's my face after blotting with one sheet.


You can see how my nose isn't as oily. It just looks kind of glowy, but I like to go a step further and powder my face a bit for a nice matte effect (just my nose and cheeks, really).


refreshed!

I think the e.l.f. blotting sheets do a decent job. I mean, they at least do what they're supposed to, but I wish my skin could be more matte without the use of powder afterwards. Especially since I sometimes forget to bring powder with me to touch up...For the price and convenience of finding the product, I would purchase again. If only it worked a little better it would be my go-to blotting sheet...

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment