Sunday, February 2, 2014

/Lips/ Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks


this was purchased by me.

I know these were released a while ago, like, some time last year, and I've actually had one of these lipsticks for that long, but...well, I'm just getting around to reviewing them now. I have two colors, Faint for Fuchsia and A Plum Prospect, to show and tell for this post.

These lipsticks have .11 oz/3 g of product and retail for $4.99 and up. On the Maybelline website, the Color Whisper lip colors are described as, "Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes or oils. Soft, sexy gel-color." Ingredients can be found here.


fuchsia


plum

I picked these colors because I like pink and I wanted to try a darker, purple-y color and hopefully they would show up on my lips. Even in the swatches, they look extremely sheer. Faint for Fuchsia is a slightly cool-toned pink and A Plum Prospect is a warmish, red berry. I think they both have tiny sparkles in them, but they don't show up on the lips. The formula has a light, sweet floral scent that disappears when applied. I hardly noticed it at all and I do think it's a little pleasant.


faint for fuchsia, a plum prospect

Let's see how these look on the lips. These are my lips without anything besides a little lip balm.


naturally pigmented...

This is two layers of Faint for Fuchsia.


This is two layers of A Plum Prospect on my lips.


I chose to do two layers of lipstick because one layer wasn't enough to show the differences in the colors. I like how the colors are distinguishable from my natural lip color and actually visible to an extent. The lipstick goes on very smooth, but it's not very hydrating. My lips felt dried out while wearing this lipstick. Even with that unfortunate quality, which can be fixed with some lip gloss or balm. The color lasts about two hours on the lips so if you'll need to reapply to maintain it. I am thinking about getting more colors...

Overview
likes
.nice packaging
.buildable color
.easy to apply
.affordable

dislikes
.drying on the lips
.doesn't last long

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment