Friday, March 7, 2014

/Lenses/ GEO Flower Plum Brown Circle Lenses

More circle lenses!


I don't know why that makes me so excited. Circle lenses have become a thing for me, even if I don't wear them all the time...So, I got this pair from Korea Big Eyes during their holiday sale during December-ish last year. I paid $8 for them along with a few other lenses and the shipping was free this time. These are GEO Flower Plum (AKA Coco) series of lenses which feature a pretty floral pattern on the edge of the lenses.

I picked the brown lenses because I wanted something natural on my eyes.


close up of one lens


I know the color doesn't look very brown, it's actually kind of light orange-yellow, but I didn't really mind. The picture on the website persuaded me that the lenses would look much darker/normal on my eyes. It's important to note that you should check with an optometrist before considering wearing lenses of any sort to ensure the safety of your eyes. That being mentioned, I've just checked on Korea Big Eyes and these lenses are still available for $8 if you're interested in them.

Let's see what the lenses look like when worn. These are my normal eyes.


natural light

These are my eyes with the flower plum lenses.


natural light


with flash

There's a significant difference in the size of my eyes and it's attributed to the fact that the lenses are 15mm. I was a little worried that these being to big in diameter would make me look really scary, but it really doesn't look too bad. In natural light the color blends quite well with my eyes and in the flash the lenses appear a little yellower. The design of the lenses make it look as if my eyes are like little flowers; the "petals" on the outer edge surround my pupil and it looks super cute close up (or at least when I look at my eyes in a mirror). I like that the lenses are natural in color and give a great enlarging effect.


super close-up in natural light

Because they're quite dolly-looking, I find it necessary to wear some make-up to define my eyes.


The lenses are quite comfortable and have a higher water content than most GEO lenses. I can wear them 6-8 hours before my eyes start feeling dry and uncomfortable. The only major problems I have with the Flower Plum lenses are that sometimes the lens will cover my pupil so I can't see very well (kind of like the GEO Super Nudy gray lenses) and sometimes it feels as if the lenses are just so big that they move around also making it a little difficult to see. I still really like these lenses, though, because they're very natural-looking.

Overview
Likes
.natural
.affordable
.enlarging, but not to alien-y proportions
.comfortable

Dislkes
.covers pupil sometimes
.moves around sometimes
.vision gets obscured (caused by the previous two dislikes)

bright young person loves it

this much

No comments:

Post a Comment