Saturday, March 29, 2014

/Make-up/ NYC High Definition Separating Mascara


this was purchased by me.

I know I've been gone a while...like two weeks. I was busy with school and packing for a week long trip that just ended a few days ago (my life is forever changed!). I'm back with a copious amount of time to blog about pretty things. I picked up this NYC mascara last month because Rite Aid was having a buy one get one free on NYC cosmetics and I wanted to try a mascara that would give me length and definition instead of volume.

This sells for about $5 for .27 fl oz/8 ml of product at most drugstores and retailers. The mascara is supposed to length and lift the lashes (and keep them that way throughout the day) as well as strengthen and keep lashes supple with Panthenol and vitamin E.


The NYC website lists additional benefits of the product such as "Flake-proof, smudge-proof, suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, ophthalmologically tested".


ingredients

The brush is features a spiky, widely spaced bristles to comb out and define lashes rather than densely bristled mascara brushes that create volume. This brush doesn't clump my lashes together at all and it really helps to separate them nicely.


Let's see what this looks like on lashes. Here I am bare-lashed.


i can't see my lashes. can you?

This is after I applied mascara on one eye (the left side in the picture, which is really in right eye).


I like how you can immediately notice my lashes; they're lifted and fanned out (I didn't curl my lashes at all). It's nice.
This is after applying mascara to my other lashes.


This mascara gives me the look of long lashes without all the trouble of combing out my lashes after applying. Since I prefer my lashes to look long and lifted as opposed to voluminous (they're already quite thick), this high definition separating mascara is perfect. It's also incredibly long-wearing because I had it on for 10 hours without experiencing any smudging or flaking. As I was testing this out, I was reminded of a high end mascara I like that performs the same way: the Diorshow Iconic. I haven't bought the Dior mascara in a while (it's so expensive and doesn't come in the holiday mascara sets anymore), but this NYC one basically gives the same effect for a fraction of the price (and in a less impressive looking tube). I would repurchase this mascara because it has a good price and does everything it promises.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.lengthens and lifts lashes
.a dupe for Diorshow Iconic
.lasts all day
.doesn't clump

dislikes
.color of the packaging
(there's nothing I don't like about how the mascara performs--it's pretty great in general.)

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment