Friday, March 6, 2015

/Hair/ L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System Reparative Smoothing Shampoo


this was purchased by me.

Something new! I don't think I've reviewed a shampoo in a loooong time. I've never even officially reviewed a shampoo (the only thing that comes close is this). I actually just finished this bottle of shampoo (I posted a picture on my instagram). After using it for nearly 5 months here are my thoughts.

This comes in 8.5oz/250 ml or 11.5 oz/325ml (sometimes stores have these bottles with 30% more product) and costs around $6. I was able to find a bottle with 30% more product and a sample size of L'Oreal's EverPure shampoo (yay! free stuff).

On L'Oreal's website, they claim this "gently cleanses while weightlessly smoothing damaged, distressed hair. It nourishes and smoothes even the most sensitive strands, leaving hair manageable and shiny. Safe for chemically straightened hair." I liked the idea of a shampoo smoothing and nourishing my hair. Although not chemically straightened, my hair is damaged from hair dye and the occasional heat/styling tool so I figured this would help my hair. Another reason I decided to purchase this shampoo is because the EverSleek/Pure/Strong/Etc lines of L'Oreal is cruelty-free and vegan (I wish I could say the same for the rest of their products...)


Here's the ingredient list:


no sulfates, phthalates, or parabens

Well, how well does this work at smoothing out the hair? Let's take a look.
This is my hair before washing. It's quite wavy, especially my bangs, and bent in odd places, I blame it on how I sleep; constantly tossing and turning in my bed at night and I wake up with less than desirable hair. I tend to leave it that way because I'm lazy....


natural light/with flash

My hair looks like this after using the EverSleek shampoo. There is less frizz and my hair looks smoother.


natural light/with flash

The shampoo is a clear gel that has a sweet, marshmallowy and floral scent. I know that may not sound very appealing, but I liked it. It's much more marshmallow than flowers which makes it smell really yummy...to me. I would suggest smelling in store if you're not sure about the scent. It's fairly sweet, but not in an overpowering way like some vanilla scents can be. While washing my hair I noticed that this shampoo doesn't foam very much, most likely because there are no sulfates, so it's difficult to tell if I'm using enough to clean my hair. I have a lot of hair on my head and there were times when I had to use a lot of the shampoo to cover all my hair as it was growing out. It rinses out easily and hair immediately feels smoother.
Although my hair does look much sleeker in the second picture, it still got frizzy while it was air drying. Maybe hair stays completely smooth when you use L'Oreal's complete line of EverSleek products...Anyway, I think I would repurchase this or try the conditioner based on the scent. It does a decent job of keeping hair less frizzy on the day you wash your hair. It also has a gentle formula that doesn't cause dyed hair to fade.

Overview
likes
.affordable (sometimes has 30% more product for same price)
.available in most stores
.smoothes out hair on the day you wash it
.pleasant, marshmallow-y scent
.vegan product
.gentle formula

dislikes
.needed to use a lot of shampoo for my already voluminous hair
.hair took a while after washing to be smooth
.difficult to find bottles with 30% extra shampoo in all stores

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment