Monday, June 15, 2015

/Skin/ Yes To Carrots Fragrance-Free Intense Hydration Night Cream


this was purchased by me.

I bought this cream a looong time ago, it was around mid-fall, when my skin was feeling very dry and flaky. I was looking for a moisturizer to soothe my face, but I wanted it to have natural ingredients and be cruelty-free. Lo and behold, I found this at my local Target. It had everything I was looking for so I decided to try it out. Seeing as the jar is nearly empty, I'd like to share my thoughts on it.

This sells for about $12 for 1.7 fl oz/50 ml of cream. The Yes To Carrots website features a page for printable coupons to use which makes the price of their products more appealing. This cream is described as:

"Say YES to a fragrance-free night cream that does all the heavy lifting while you catch some zzz's. The NEW and improved Yes to Carrots Fragrance Free Intense Hydration Night Cream gives a boost of intense hydration - promoting softer, smoother and healthier skin.
This dermatologist-tested night cream is perfect for normal-to-dry types looking for a nourishing, fragrance-free formula to help protect delicate skin.
Get gorgeous glowing skin and moisture retention from the power of Carrots and Vitamin E. Now that's what we call a good night's rest!"

This product is also "96% Natural, Petroleum, SLS, & Paraben Free, Cruelty-free". Here's the ingredient list:


There are a few oils in this cream which makes it very hydrating. This is great for drier skin, but it would feel heavy on anyone with oiler skin, I think. The cream itself is white and despite being fragrance-free it has a scent a little like soy milk or marshmallows...It's slightly creamy, like desserts made with milk...anyway, that's what it smells like to me and I like it.


It's quite thick as well, though it easily spreads across the skin and gets absorbed almost immediately. Even with all the oils in the formula this doesn't leave a thick and greasy feeling on the face. Here's a picture of my hand comparing the the finish of the cream to bare skin. First, in natural light.


natural light

There's almost no difference between the cream side and the bar skin side. It looks a bit smoother, but that's about it. There isn't any shiny or greasy look when this is on the skin.
Here's what the comparison looks like with flash.


flash

With the flash you can see the cream leaves a slightly glowy finish. The bare skin is dull and flat compared to the skin with cream applied. Over the course of 6+ months, this never broke out my skin or gave me a bad reaction. It was soothing and made my face feel as soft as a marshmallow. The one thing I don't like about this product is the jar packaging. It's not hygienic as every time the jar opens the cream is exposed to germs and bacteria. In order to avoid contamination, I used a small plastic spatula to scoop out cream nightly making sure to wash the spatula with each use. This jar packaging also exposes the active ingredients to the air which breaks them down and lessens the effect of the them on skin.

I still enjoyed using this night cream during the colder months because it helped hydrate my skin and I always woke up with a soft face. The jar lasts a long time with daily use and the price isn't so high compared to similar natural products. I would pick this up again in the fall as in the summer it does feel heavier to use at night.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.online coupons
.hydrating
.cruelty-free
.natural ingredients
.jar lasts for a long time
.leaves a glowy (not overly shiny) finish on the skin
.fragrance-free (but still has a milky, marshmallowy scent)
.a little cream goes a long way

dislikes
.comes in a jar
.not very hygienic
.feels too heavy for warm weather use

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment