Saturday, July 4, 2015

/Skin/ Etude House AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot


this was purchased by me.

Happy 4th of July to any of my U.S. readers! I'll be celebrating America's birthday today with BBQ and ice cream and probably doing my nails. On to the actual review post!

In case you didn't know, I don't have perfect skin. Sometimes before, during, and after my time of the month I'll get painful hormonal breakouts along my jawline. Sometimes I get pimples from being stressed out or eating unhealthy foods. Anyway, I need a product to treat blemishes effectively and gently. I picked this up at Etude House a few months ago after seeing this review that amazed me. So I bought it and I've been using it daily since then. Let's see how it worked for me.

The AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot costs $10/10,000원 for .84 fl oz/.25 ml. On the Etude House global website this is described as a "transparent liquid spot solution gently relieves skin problems" that is "containing Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress, this is a convenient liquid type trouble-care spot product with excellent absorbing properties into any part of the body that needs special care." The liquid is in a green glass bottle with a plastic twist-off cap. The product is dispensed from a mesh-covered opening that comes in contact with the blemish with each application.


This is the ingredient list and I was surprised to find garlic and onion bulb extract. I'm glad the liquid doesn't smell like either of those...Instead, the liquid has a herbal scent that disappears within about a minute after being applied to the skin.


To test how this works on blemishes, I used this for one week day and night on intense hormonal breakouts on my left jawline. This is what it looked like:


terrifying! and painful

My breakouts were whiteheads and a few cystic likes ones. They were painful when I touched them. I put Etude House's liquid spot treatment directly on blemishes after the serum stage in my skincare routine.


gently apply pressure from the mesh applicator to blemishes

I never felt any stinging pain or irritation from the product when applied and this never irritated my skin around the blemishes. This is how my jawline looked after one week:


The AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot is great at calming down the blemishes quickly. As you can see in the picture above, the whiteheads I had are basically gone. What's left are some acne scars that I treat with a brightening serum and some of the cystic blemishes. On smaller pimples this would probably work within a day or two to heal them.

All in all, I was impressed with the effectiveness of Etude House's acne treatment. It really worked to clear up my blemishes near the surface of my skin (whiteheads). What I really dislike about this is that the applicator constantly comes in contact with my skin and I don't think that's hygienic. I'll continue to use this and possibly repurchase, but I'll only use it on my skin and not share this product with others to avoid contamination. If you have occasional breakouts, I recommend you try this. It's a little expensive for the amount you get, but it will last a while. I've been using this three months and I used about 1/5 of the liquid.

Overview
likes
.effective on blemishes
.works fairly quick
.non-irritating to blemishes and surrounding skin
.pleasant herbal scent

dislikes
.kind of pricey for amount of product
.difficult to find outside of South Korea
.application is not very hygienic

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment