Wednesday, July 8, 2015

/Lips/ NYX Butter Lipstick in Candy Buttons


this was purchased by me.

Onto more reviews! I got this at Ulta when they were having an event for 40% off NYX products. I'd been wanting to try their Butter Lipstick because I liked their Butter Gloss (I should pick up some more). Let's see if this is good as well!

NYX's Butter Lipstick comes in 22 shades with a price of $6 for .16 oz/4.5 g. The description for this is "Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful."


Of the 22 shades, I choose Candy Buttons. It's a peachy-pink shade with yellow tones. Here's a swatch.


I was a little surprised the swatch was very pigmented because NYX advertised the Butter Lipstick as having "high color saturation". I also became worried that this color might not show up on my already pigmented lips. The Butter Lipstick has a very sweet vanilla scent with notes of butter. I swear I smell some buttery element in the lipstick. To see the ingredient list, it's easily found on NYX's Butter Lipstick page (and also on every tube of Butter Lipstick).

Now to test this out on my lips. For reference here are my lips without anything on them


natural light

These are my lips with one layer of Candy Buttons.


natural light

On my lips the color doesn't change very much. The only thing the lipsticks seems to do is make my lips lighter. I applied one more layer of lipstick to see if the color would build up.


natural light

My lips just got lighter and didn't achieve a true to tube color from the lipstick. I wasn't pleased that the color didn't show up. At least this is comfortable to wear on the lips. It lasts around 2.5 hours (but it's kind of hard to tell because the color barely shows up on my lips) and leaves a soft sheen. Here's a comparison of my bare lips to my lips with Candy Buttons on.


bare lips
one layer lipstick
two layers lipstick

I was really disappointed with the lack of pigmentation in this lipstick. I'm not sure if this happens with all the Butter Lipsticks as I haven't tried any other shade (I'm not sure I want to...). At least it feels moisturizing when it's on the lips.


total look


Overview
likes
.affordable
.available in most stores and online
.comes with more product that other lipsticks (up to .06 oz more)
.moisturizing when on the lips
.sweet scent

dislikes
.not pigmented or true to tube color on my lips
.not very long wearing

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment