Thursday, December 28, 2017

/Skin/ Innisfree The Minimum Ampoule Essence


this was purchased by me


It's interesting to see how my skin has changed throughout the years, especially since the start of this blog. From oily irritated skin to dry/dehydrated irritated skin, I've had to overhaul my skincare regimen. This is something I picked up when my skin was suuuuuupppper dry and flaky and in desperate need of help.

This costs 12,000₩, but I got mine on sale for around 8,000₩. It's described as an essence to soothe, hydrate, and fortify the skin. Here's the side of the package that gives instructions as well as ingredients.


the box

It dispenses from a pump and the container is opaque plastic so the product isn't exposed to sunlight.


nozzle

I really like the minimalistic style of the essence and it's recyclable when you're done. O, let's see how this works on the skin! Here is my bare hand, then you can see the essence, and finally it's blended into my skin.


If you look closely at the first panel, you can see my skin appears to be dry as the skin is rougher than usual. The ampoule essence is the second panel. It's a bit like a light gel/serum. It's also fragrance free! As it gets worked into the skin, it starts to feel more liquid-like. It dries fairly quick and in the last panel you can see the results on the skin: brightening, slightly moisturizing, smoothing.

To me, though, the hydrating is short lived and my skin doesn't feel or look supple and smooth after a few minutes. This is great for those who have combination/a little dry skin, but not for those who need intense moisture (& saving of the skin). I like that it has minimal ingredients and it has a lot of humectants that are supposed to make your skin retain moisture. There isn't much of a skin barrier created when this is applied and I feel like a regular moisturizer would do a better job.

Overview
likes
.fragrance-free
.hygienic/product protecting packaging
.minimal ingredients
.last a long time (3+ months)
.non-irritating
.easy to apply

dislikes
.not very hydrating
.short lived effects on skin
.pricey

bright young person likes it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment