Tuesday, December 12, 2017

/Make-up/ Etude House Double Lasting Foundation


this was purchased by me

Etude House's latest foundation is long-lasting that "provides perfect cover and thin, fitting feel." I got this during the summer as it was the first time my make-up has ever melted off my face and I wanted a base that would stay put.

I paid around 18,000₩ for it and it's available on Etude House's US site for $21.60 (+shipping). There is 1.05 oz/30 g of foundation in each bottle and it has SPF 34 PA++. I picked up the shade Honey Sand Y05.


how to apply & ingredients

Also on the website, this is described as lasting 24 hours (!), having "intense coverage with 'double shot' technology", magnet-like staying power, and a range of shades curated by professionals. Let's see how it looks. Here is the foundation.



The foundation is fairly liquid-y and doesn't feel thick. It's much more watery than Etude House's BB creams.



Here it is blended.


It matches well with my skin tone and it's easy to work into the skin. I will say, the color range is not that great. I usually wear Beige No. 21 for most Korean BB creams and when I swatched this in store the colors were all much lighter. Here is the color chart and the shades are still really light.


via amazon.co.uk

Let's see how it looks on the face.


before/after

I like to use 1/2 a pump for my entire face and neck because this is quite pigmented. You can see how it evened out my skin and kind of made it lighter. I prefer to apply with my fingers, patting the product into my skin, but it works well with a buffing brush as well. The foundation sets quicker than most so you may need to apply it faster than normal. The finished look:


I didn't use any setting power as this foundation rarely needs it. Having worn this in the humid summer, I can definitely say it lasts a long time and will not transfer even if you have to blow your nose with a tissue. I think that's what surprised me the most. Etude House Double Lasting Foundation is great if you need long wear from your base and you have a lighter complexion. Oddly enough, Honey Sand is a tad too dark for me to put on during the winter....

Overview
likes
.long lasting
.full coverage
.light weight feeling on skin
.nice packaging

dislikes
.limited shade range
.pricey
.not easily available everywhere
.sets fast

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment