Saturday, December 30, 2017

/Hair/ Hey Mix See:real Savory Almond & Brown Hair Color


this was purchased by me.

It's been a while since I colored my hair. I picked this up last weekend. My regular hair dye wasn't at the store I went to, but this was on sale and it seemed similar so I decided to try it. Was it any good?

I bought this for 6,500₩ (on sale from 12,500₩). The color here is Savory Almond and Brown. First off, this has the funniest product name. Even more interesting, this hair de includes cereal grains in the formula (more on that later). I think the last time I did my hair was over 2 months ago. I needed to touch up as my roots were starting to show. Here's what comes in the box:


colorant, developer, nozzle top, even more things


In the small plastic bag are the instructions, cape, ear covers, and hair treatment.



The instructions for this are in Korean, but there are many pictures for reference and I figured you can just put this on like normal hair dye.


On to the coloring: this is my hair before I dyed. It's like a chestnut/auburn-ish brown. In the sunlight it's a bit lighter and orange-y/yellow.


natural light/flash

I went head and mixed the developer and colorant, shook up the bottle, and proceeded to apply to my hair. Good things: this did not have any smell, nothing chemical, nothing synthetic, no fragrance that I could detect. That's about where all the good things end. The mixture was really difficult to put on. It was thick and didn't spread well. Remember the grains in the ingredients? Well, they were tiny little pieces that fell everywhere and made my hair feel crunchy. There was barely enough to cover all my long hair. After that ordeal, I waited around 25 minutes before rinsing. During this time, the tiny cereal grains bunched together on the shower tiles. This is the result after my hair dried.


natural light/flash


It's super dark. Like, almost black. I was a bit surprised, however, this is the darkest color in the line, from what I know, and I was looking for a slightly darker brown. Part of me was hoping this would be a true to box color. I was so wrong. Aside from how dark it came out, my hair felt really soft and eve a few days later it feels pretty normal. The last time I showered there was still dye washing out of my hair...I'm fine with it until I need to do my hair again. Hopefully it will fade over time.

Definitely won't be buying this again. It may even be one of the worst hair dyes I've tried in Korea.

Overview
likes
.not too expensive
.no smells
.colors hair
.not harsh

dislikes
.difficult to apply
.not same color as box
.has grain balls that get everywhere
.hard to wash out

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment