Monday, September 30, 2013

/People/ Mai Hirose


via stat.ameba.jp

Mai Hirose (廣瀬麻伊) is probably my favorite model from the Popteen magazines. Well, I first saw her in Popteen. I really like her because she's such a chameleon, transitioning from cute and girly (see above picture) to kinda badass (as seen on her official website) and even androgynous like so:


nearly convincing...

Here she is on the cover of Popteen. I speculate this is early on in her modeling career.


via img11.hostingpics.net

As with many Popteen models, she has a nickname, まいまい (maimai), and many fans know her by that name. Because of her versatility in modeling, I guess I think of her as a Japanese Daisy Lowe except she's much more cuter & shorter & smaller and probably less sexy.


from stat.ameba.jp

Aside from adoring まいまい on the pages of magazines, I follow her official blog. It gives a peek into her personal life and she's even more interesting than I imagined. She post pictures of her activities like going to school or spas or hanging out with friends. Apparently she's taken some dj lessons, too. To me she's a much more dimensional person than the other models. Maimai's not all about too much cuteness or prettiness, she seems much more laid back and into having fun.

Last month, she graduated from Popteen.


She had been modeling for the magazine since she was 16 years old (so, for 5 years). I felt sad watching the video for the first time....mostly because Maimai was crying and leaving..However! She will now be featured in Jelly. I think this magazine is targeted toward older girls, someone who's not a teen anymore....I like what I've seen in it so I'll look forward to features with Mai.

Here are some random pictures I like.


from tumblr.com


from tumblr.com


via mimi-ichigo.blogspot.com
There are numerous images online with make-up and hair tutorials with Mai/other gyaru models



from stat.ameba.jp/

Maimai also created a series of circle lenses: Starmish and Kiramega. I really like the Starmish brown and I hope to one day get it...


from cocothechoco.blogspot.com

These lenses look like the really brighten up the eyes. As far as other Maimai beauty related things...I would suggest going to her blog. She talks about make-up and skincare stuff sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment