Friday, October 4, 2013

/Nails/ L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Color in Club Privé


this was purchased by me.

I actually got this nail polish sometime last year, during the summer, I think. The light teal cream color really caught my eye, it looked like something perfect for warm-weather manicures.

As you can see, this is a cream formula without any bits of glitter or sparkle. It's not that I don't like them, I simply prefer cream formulas with their smooth, saturated application of color (this may not always be the case when the polish hits the nail, but it's the what I dream will happen). Club Privé was the first L'Oreal nail polish I bought after they changed the bottles and possibly modified the formula. I was hoping to get good opaque coverage on the first coat.


As gorgeous as this color looks on my nails, it actually took three coats of nail polish to achieve the even color you see here.


Aside from that opacity issue, the polish itself applies really smoothly. It layers well and doesn't get streaky. I would say the dry time is average, making the application of multiple coats tolerable (I generally wait 2-3 minutes between coats). In these pictures I'm wearing a topcoat which extended the wear for well over a week (there was minor tip wear, but no chips) and gave the polish a shiny finish.


Overall, I really like this nail polish. I like the color (especially since it's a cream) and the design of the bottle. The brush is easy to use and polish flows off it well. I like to wear this color during the spring/summer because it's bright and it kinda reminds me of swimming pools. For around $5-6, you get .39 oz/11.7 ml of good nail polish.
Since I bought this particular shade over a year ago, it may not be able to purchase anymore. I haven't seen it on any L'Oreal nail polish shelves. There is one color that comes close that's available which is called Now You Sea Me. I think it leans a more blue than green so it's a little cooler in tone, but it's the most similar color out there in the L'Oreal Color Riche line (there's probably another brand that makes the same color, but I don't know what it is...yet). I'd recommend this polish if you can find it.

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment