Monday, October 7, 2013

/Lips/ Missha The Style Glow Tint Lip Balm


this was purchased by me.

I bought this from Missha a few weeks ago when there were some sales going on. I was excited to try this because the online reviews looked good, I liked the delightful shade of orange, and it has SPF protection for lips. I've been wearing it daily since I received it and I'd like to share my thoughts on it.

The shade I bought was Mandarin Orange.


It looks so vividly orange in the tube. In real life the color doesn't look quite so red, it's much more neon orange. The balm smells divine, like fruity candy, and dissipates once on the lips. I don't think there is any flavor to the lip balm, I haven't tasted anything at least.


description on box

The balm is very sheer despite what it looks like. I knew that it wouldn't have enough tint to completely change the color of my lips.


it's almost impossible to see...

I did like how smoothly it applied from the tube. It felt extremely moisturizing and left a sheen that wasn't overly reflective.


bare lips


one layer of lip balm

So my lips aren't exactly a kiss of orange like I had hoped. They're much more like a pinky-coral. When wearing the glow tint lip balm, my lips feel hydrated, lasting for nearly five hours (if I don't eat or drink much). It helps to keep my lips smooth and comfortable and makes a nice base for other lip products. Here's what it looks like when I have the Mandarin Orange lip balm on:


I don't dislike the product. It's good at moisturizing my lips and it has a a pleasant scent, I just wish the color was more vibrant. Granted, it says it's a tinted balm and my lips are already very pigmented so I shouldn't have expected much (but I read reviews saying the color builds up if you continue layering the balm. That didn't work for me). If you have paler lips than the color might show up better on you. The price of this lip product is a little on the expensive side for what it is; as I bought this during a sale I paid $8.40 whereas the regular price is $12. The tube design is very cute, being pink and all. I like the balm, but I don't think I'd repurchase again at full price (I do want to try Kissing Pink and Vital Pink shades) or get this particular color again.

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment