Tuesday, October 8, 2013

/Make-up/ Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara


this was purchased by me.

I don't often purchase high-end mascaras. They are much too expensive for a product that requires being replaced after a few months to ensure my eyes don't infected with something. Once in a while, I get tempted by new promotions and images and promises amazing looking lashes that I just cave in. This was exactly the case. And it's Chanel.

I believe Le Volume de Chanel is the latest mascara launched by Chanel. If I remember correctly it was released about a year ago. For $30 you get .21 oz/6 g of mascara, which is around the average amount of product in most mascaras. You're simply paying more per oz/g because it's Chanel. This is also made in Italy.


According to the description on the Chanel website, "This high-precision mascara achieves instant volume and intensely lush colour in a single stroke. Its innovative formula expands, plumping lashes to their fullest. The exclusive new ‘Snowflakes’ brush combines long and short bristles to deliver an extreme, eye-opening effect."


close-up of the brush.
does it look like snowflakes?

I obviously purchased the black mascara, but there are a selection of colors available including blue, purple, and a limited edition khaki.


ingredients

I've incorporated this mascara into my daily make-up routine for nearly two weeks. Here's what my lashes look like without the mascara:


Here is one eye with mascara (my right eye).

Then both eyes.

Considering I didn't curl my lashes, the mascara curled my lashes really well. I have worn this after curling my lashes and the mascara keeps them curled all day. I applied two-three layers to get the results you see here. There is no discernible scent, there's hardly any scent at all. I think it does ok for volume, but it's great for curling and pretty good for lengthening. I also dislike how clumpy it can get. When I start to layer coats, I'll get gobs of mascara stuck on the tips of my lashes or my lashes will stick together. I fix this by taking a clean little spoolie and combing through my lashes.


From afar, I think my lashes look more defined.
This is a good mascara for curling, probably the best I've tried. It doesn't smudge throughout the day and doesn't make my lashes crunchy. If you're willing to pay for it, I would say indulge in it. The packaging is minimalistically sleek; I adore it. Even with all the positive aspects of this mascara, I don't know if I would purchase it again. It's quite expensive and I think I could find another cheaper one to give a similar effect. I'm really starting to like Le Volume de Chanel, though, and I might have to get another one.

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment