Tuesday, October 7, 2014

/Skin/ Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser


this was purchased by me.

I got this cleanser many, many months ago. I picked this up because I had a coupon, my skin was irritated, I needed a face wash, and this was made of over 90% natural ingredients so I ended up buying it. I've been using it for while now so I think it's a good time to write a review ^^.

This facial cleanser costs around $10 for 6 oz/170 g of product. Burt's Bees skin and body care products are available in many stores and can also be found online. This particular cleanser is targeted for sensitive skin and this promises "to moisturize sensitive skin while gently cleansing away dirt, oil and make-up without over drying or causing redness" and it's soap & fragrance-free. Its key ingredients are cotton extract (to soften), rice extract (to moisturize), and aloe (to soothe). Here's the full ingredient list:


This is a cream cleanser and it looks rather thick, but when it's applied to a wet face it becomes milky and easily glides across the face.


top: what the cleanser looks like
bottom: cleanser + water

Even though this cleanser is labeled as fragrance-free, it does have a scent to it. To me, it smells a little sweet and almost like almond milk. I quite like it and it doesn't bother me at all. I tend to use this cleanser in the morning because I don't think this would be good to remove make-up with at night. It might work if you use a washcloth or use this as a second cleanse after removing make-up, but other than those options I don't think this is going to get make-up off in one washing. Also, I like to have to natural ingredients have direct contact with my skin. This is a very gentle formula as I've used it around my eyes without suffering any irritation. After working it into a milky lather on the face, it rinses off fairly well. It has a tendency to stick on the face at first, but it eventually washes all off.

I really enjoy using this cleanser. It doesn't bother my skin at all when I put it on my face and my face feels smooth and comfortable after using it. Considering I boughtt this cleanser around April, it's lasted me a long time. I use it mostly in the morning, though, and I squeeze out about an almond-sized amount of it each time. I have about 1/3 of the cleanser left, I think. Anyway, I would repurchase this. It's a really good facial cleanser for those with sensitive and dry skin, as it doesn't make skin feel uncomfortable or red and after washing skin doesn't feel dry. It hasn't made my skin any more oilier than it was before and my face wasn't oily when I was using this in the summer. It hasn't caused me to break out during my time using it, though I have gotten a few blemishes (& this facial cleanser doesn't bother them).

Overview
likes
.available in many stores
.gentle
.non-irritating
.moisturizing
.cruelty-free
.made of 99% natural ingredients

dislikes
.a little pricey for a drugstore cleanser
.it has a scent despite being called fragrance-free (but I like the way its scent~)

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment