Friday, October 31, 2014

/Etc/ Halloween

Trick or treat! It's Halloween today! I'm so happy~ Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it's the beginning of all the other wonderful holidays to come at the end of the year. It took me a while to figure out who or what I would be this time around. I don't even think I dressed up as anyone last year (in 2012 I was the 11th Doctor Who). I thought about who I could be, who would be easy to dress up as and I finally decided last week. I'm going to be Chibi Maruko Chan~!


via tlzd.net

She's fairly easy to dress as and we basically have the same hair so why not be her? Here's a short tutorial on how I'd do my make-up & dress up as Maruko Chan.

Chibi Maruko Chan has a very simple look: Big eyes, flushed cheeks, white shirt, red suspenders & pleated skirt, white knee high socks, and red shoes. I'm going to recreate her look with a few make-up items and clothes from my closet. Here are the make-up items I used:


Face
.tarte clean slate poreless primer
.etude house dear girls be clear bb cream
.almay clear completion concealer
.neutrogena healthy skin 3-in-1 concealer for eyes
.diy setting powder

Cheeks
.shu uemura 6 princess lip & cheek fun-tasy in princess coral

Eyes
.too faced chocolate palette (on eye & eyebrows)
.wet n wild liquid liner in dark brown
.urban decay 24/7 glide on shadow pencil in sin
.daiso no.167 false lashes
.duo lash adhesive

Lips
.american apparel lip gloss in pantytime

Let's start the tutorial~
After basic skincare and putting in my GEO Starmish black lenses (perfect to recreate Chibi Maruko Chan's big, round eyes), the first thing I did was apply the Tarte primer on my nose & cheeks.


Then I applied BB cream, concealer on my blemishes & under my eyes. Now my skin looks bright & even.


Moving onto my eyes, I applied the white chocolate shade from the Too Faced palate all over my eyelids. This evens out the color on my lids and provides a nice neutral base for other eye make-up


too faced white chocolate


I then took the milk chocolate shade from the same palette and applied the color from my lash line to my crease.


too faced milk chocolate


I used liquid liner to define my eyes. I stopped at the end of my upper lash line without extending the line or drawing it upwards to maintain the roundness of Maruko's eyes.


Then I applied the daiso false lashes to give my eyelashes length.


I used the triple fudge shade from the Too Faced palette to fill in my eye brows.


too faced triple fudge

To create Chibi Maruko Chan's healthy cheeks, I blended the oranage-y coral shade of Shu Uemura's cheek & lip tint. I think any coral or pink shade of blush would work well, too. It just needs to be bright and bold. I tried to blend the tint in a circular motion to get Maruko Chan's same flush.
I set my face make-up with setting powder & applied the American Apparel lipgloss. Any pinky peach shade or nude would look nice because she doesn't have much on her lips. Here's the final look:


natural light

Here's my whole costumed look!

Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt:Brandy Melville
Suspenders:H&M
Socks:Target
Shoes:Converse

I know my suspenders should be red, but this costume was totally last minute and all I had were the navy ones. I'll be more prepared next year because I already know exactly who I want to be. Anyway, happy Halloween everybody! I hope you get lots of candy & have a scary-safe-good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment