Thursday, April 24, 2014

/Lips/ Maybelline Color Elixir in Caramel Infused


this was purchased by me.

Shiny lips are something I've been liking a lot lately. I don't normally for the glossy look, but I can't stay away from it and I find myself constantly wearing it. Maybe it's the warmer weather...I also blame it on looking at and reading blogs like this. Anyway, I wanted to change up my look a bit and I wanted to try out this new lip product from Maybelline.

The Color Elixir lip color has .17 fl oz/ 5 ml of product and retails in price from $6.99 to $8.99. On the Maybelline website, this product is described as

"-A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss
-Our exclusive smoothing angora brush delivers a polished , even application and smoothing sensation to lips."


I picked up the shade Caramel Infused because I wanted something close to my natural lip color. The packaging features a flat doe-foot applicator that's bent at an angle where it meets the want. The doe-foot itself looks a little furry, which I thought was strange, but it works and feels fine on the lips.


The product has a sweet scent with a hint of floral. To me, it kind of smells of cake and it doesn't bother me as I quite like it. It disperses after a few minutes on the lips so you don't have to worry about smelling it all day. An ingredient list can be found here. The color looks rather brown in the tube, but when swatched the pink is more visible and the color transforms into something like a muted rose-mauve.


Let's see what it looks like on the lips. Here are my lips without anything on them.


natural light

Here they are with one layer of the Color Elixir.


natural light

There isn't much difference in terms of color, they are a little pinker, but my lips look shinier. I like this as a my lips but better shade. It's great to wear on days when I have minimal make-up on and it's easy to just swipe on and go.


full face look

Having worn this lip product for a while, I think this acts well as a balm and gloss. It's very moisturizing with the hydrating effects and shine lasting for hours. This particular shade doesn't deliver much color to my lips and I want to try others to see if they're more pigmented. The applicator works fine. As it's a little wider so that the product glides on quickly and smoothly

Overview
likes
.smooth application
.smells nice
.hydrating
.long-lasting shine
.nice packaging

Dislikes
.a little pricey for a drugstore product
.not too pigmented

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment