Thursday, April 24, 2014

/Nails/ Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Coy Coral Nail Polish


this was purchased by me.

I picked this up months ago when I saw it on sale at Target. It looked like such a wonderful orange coral shade. I don't have a shade like it in my nail polish collection and the price was right so now it's mine.


discounted!

Unfortunately it's been discontinued because I can't find it on any stores, online stores, or the Covergirl website. I think the closest alternative would be Coral Silk 240, but even then I think that color is a little lighter than this. These retail for around $5. There is .37 fl oz/11 ml of nail polish in the bottle. It's described by Covergirl to have a "formula that combines a base coat, high gloss color, and a chip-resistant top coat in one simple step." I was really surprised to find out this nail polish is made in France.


I don't know it all the polishes in the line are made in France, they probably are, and to me that's a little fancy and nice. Here's the ingredient list.


The brush is thin and narrow yet it's able to even distribute polish across the nail.


Here's what it looks like on me without a topcoat:


It's not as vibrant on my nails as it is in the bottle. I've tried this over a white nail polish with better results; the color becomes brighter and almost like a pastel neon orange. On its own it yields a shiny finish, but with I still prefer to use this with a top and base coat which prolongs the wear of the polish.


I like this as a spring/summer nail color. It applies well, too. I just don't think it's a great all-in-one nail polish. And it's not a unique color. And you don't get as much product for the price. I might try other colors from the line, but this is nothing to go crazy about.

Overview
likes
.smooth application
.nice packaging

dislikes
.not very vibrant on the nails
.discontinued
.not much amount of polish for the price

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment