Wednesday, May 7, 2014

/Make-up/ Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free


this was purchased by me.

Other than my obsession with pink lips and nails, I'm always looking for complexion products that will make my skin look perfect. I do invest in quite a bit of skincare, but I find that cosmetics can add the finishing touch in enhancing the skin. Products promising skincare benefits are another lure; I'd much rather have something on my skin actually doing something rather than just sitting there for the ride. I saw great reviews for this Hourglass foundation (notably from GossMakeUpArtist) and I bought it last summer. Since I've had months to try it out, I'd like to share my thoughts on it with you.

This has 1 oz/ 30 ml of product and costs $55. The ingredient list for the foundation can also be found here. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the foundation comes with a sample size of the Veil Mineral Primer. I've tried it in the past and it's absolutely wonderful.


This foundation is described as
"the miracle foundation for oily skin. This breakthrough liquid to powder formula absorbs oil, camouflages imperfections, and delivers a long-lasting velvet matte finish—without the need for touch-ups."
The Immaculate foundation is also "free of oil, parabens, phthalates, gluten, fragrance, synthetic dyes, nanoparticles and vegan-friendly" which I think it great because It's targeted for those with oily and/or acne-prone skin. When I bought this, I was dealing with very oily, troubled skin and it was summer at the time. I was matched to the shade Beige at Sephora and brought home a sample to try. I ended up liking it so I ended up buying it. Beige is a really good match for my skin, see the swatch below, though it sometimes looks a little too dark for my face.


Let's see how this looks on my skin. This is my face after basic cleansing, treatmenting, moisturizing, and sunscreening. I didn't put on any primer because I wanted to showcase the performance of the foundation by itself.


natural light

My skin is uneven and red in some places. The consistency of this is like a light airy liquid and it feels really creamy. So, I use my fingers or a brush like this to apply the foundation to my face. I find that one pump is enough to cover my face and neck.


natural light

You can immediately see how my skin is evened out. less red, and matte. Here's my completed look:


natural light

Since this is a liquid to powder foundation, you don't really need to set it as it sets itself. It tends to dry down and set instantly so I recommend working in small areas on the face at a time. In these pictures I'm wearing one layer of foundation and it gives a nice medium coverage, though you could probably apply a bit more for fuller coverage. In order to test the wear of this foundation, I left it on for over five hours without touching up and here's what my face looked like:


natural light

My skin doesn't look perfect, but it still retains the even, matte appearance. I really like to wear this foundation on days when I'll be out all day and won't be able to touch up--this usually means when I go to school or work. It's definitely long-wearing and maintains the matte finish throughout most of the day. It's a really great foundation, especially if you have oily skin and don't want to get shiny, but I think it smells a little strange. This product is fragrance-free, but maybe because I have a super sensitive sense of smell, I can detect something. It's not a terrible smell and it's nothing perfume-y. To me it's a clay-like scent, which shouldn't be surprising as kaolinite clay is an ingredient, but I think the scent is a little odd. Luckily, it's gone by the time it's blended on my face so I don't have to worry about smelling it all day.

Overview
likes
.long-wearing
.oil/paraben/phthalates/gluten/fragrance/synthetic dyes/nanoparticles-free
.vegan
.lasting matte finish
.good coverage
.sturdy packaging
.accurate color match for my skin

dislikes
.expensive
.despite being fragrance-free it has a slightly strange scent (to me)
.can accentuate dry, flaky skin

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment