Thursday, July 10, 2014

/Skin/ Trader Joe's Nourish All-in-One Facial Cleanser


this was purchased by me.

Aside from having organic baby carrots and coconut milk ice cream, Trader Joe's also has quite the selection of skin and body care products. It's an often overlooked section, I think, because it's so difficult to find in the grocery store and it's not promoted much (maybe one or two products in their ad flyer). I always like to peruse TJ's skincare offerings and a few months ago I bought this cleanser.

This dermatologist formulated All-in-One Facial Cleanser by Trader Joe's has 8.45 fl. oz./ 250 ml and sells for around $6. To be honest, this is my second time purchasing this cleanser. The last time I used it was about two years ago and I knew I didn't dislike it then so I decided to try it again. The first thing I noticed on the front label, besides this product being put together by dermatologists, was this


This is supposed to be a multi-tasker that cleanses, exfoliates, and provides the skin with antioxidants without irritating the eyes. Amazing! The label on the back of the bottle goes into further detail about the benefits of this cleanser:
"This All-in-One dermatologist formulated skin cleanser simplifies the routine and leaves your skin feeling clean, smooth and cared for. It gently washes away the impurities and treats your face to a feast of antioxidants without any drying effects."
Ooh. Sounds like everything one could want in a facial cleanser. The ingredients for this product are:
water (aqua), sodium cocoyl glutamate, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, cocamidopropyl betaine, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, panthenol (vitamin B5), retinyl palmate (vitamin A), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), ascorbic palmate (vitamin C), phytonadione (vitamin K), alpha lipoic acid, coenzime Q-10, green tea (camellia sinesis) extract, copper peptides, citric acid, phenoxyethonol, sorbic acid
(sorry I couldn't just take a picture, the curve of the bottle didn't make it easy to get the whole list in one shot.) This Trader Joe's product, like all their products, is cruelty-free and has not been tested on animals!



The directions state that the cleanser can be used on wet or dry skin and that you should massage the gel into the skin for several seconds before rinsing with warm water. After a few months of using this cleanser (in the morning and sometimes in the evening), I've found it to be effecting in cleaning my face and it doesn't irritate me at all. There is no stinging when it gets into the eyes which lives up to the claims of being "tearless" printed on the bottle. The gel is completely fragrance and scent free, I don't smell anything at all when I apply it. I use one pump which is enough cover my entire face and neck. The gel doesn't foam, but emulsifies a bit and looks a little milky when water is added to it. I even tried using it to remove make-up and it even does a decent job if you do a double cleanse (i.e.: wash your face twice with this gel cleanser). Here's a demo of how well it gets make-up off. I put some foundation on the back of my hand.


I added about half a pump of the gel cleanser and rubbed it into the foundation.


a little messy...

Finally, I rinsed off cleanser and you can see the difference between cleansing once and then a second time.


there's still traces of foundation after the first cleanse

I like this as a basic cleanser, it works well to cleanse the skin. I'm not sure if it exfoliates very well, but it doesn't dry out my skin. At the rate I'm using it (mostly in the mornings), I would expect this bottle to last a few more months. With daily and nightly use, I would think this cleanser would last 3 to 4 months. If you're ever in need of a new cleanser to just clean your face and you happen to be in Trader Joe's I would definitely suggest trying this out.

Overview:
likes
.affordable
.non-irritating
.fragrance-free
.removes make-up ok
.cruelty-free
.made in the U.S.A.

dislikes
.difficult to find if you don't live near a Trader Joe's grocery store
.not very exfoliating

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment