Thursday, February 12, 2015

/Lenses/ GEO Starmish Brown Circle Lenses



this was purchased by me.

Hello! It's been a long time since I reviewed a pair of circle lenses and I'm glad to feature them on my blog again! Remember when I did a special post featuring Mai Hirose? She was the model for Geo's Starmish lenses when they were released and I told my self I would get my hands on them. I've reviewed the Starmish Black and I've been trying the browns ones out for the last few months. Here's my review! (*≧ω≦)

I purchased these lenses from Eyecandy's, my personal favorite place to get circle lenses and Asian beauty products. They have free shipping and a great variety of circle lenses at reasonable prices. The Starmish Brown lenses can be found here and cost $26.88/pair. These lenses are advertised as making you look sweet and cute. Being 14.5mm, these lenses enlarge the eyes giving an adorable dolly effect while keeping a natural charm.


from lensvillage.com

I was really looking forward to wearing these because they looked so nice on MaiMai and other people so I was hoping I'd look as nice too. After safe and easy ordering from EyeCcandy's, I received my package in about two weeks which is a lot quicker than other web stores I've purchased lenses from.
Once I opened the vials, the lenses were more orange/yellow than I was expecting.


The lenses feature a thick black ring that spikes into a melange of orange and gold. The overall effect is like the glowing of a star.


close-up

Well, how do these look on me? For comparison, here are my eyes without any lenses on.


natural light

This is what my eyes look like once I put Geo's Starmish Brown lenses on.


natural light


with flash

To be honest, I really didn't like the way I looked with these lenses on the first few times I wore them. They are very opaque and vibrant. When I looked in the mirror I could see how the orangey/hazel clashed with my skintone. As the season changed from Summer to Fall and Winter, I found the lenses easier to wear with my paler skin. I've also been coloring my hair and trying to get it lighter again which has also helped to make these lenses easier to wear.


As much as I've adjusted to wearing them, I don't think I will repurchase these lenses. I like the size of the lens and that it's comfortable, but the color is difficult to wear year round for me. The color is too orange for me, personally, to be worn daily (it might work out for cosplay). If you have paler and/or cooler toned skin this would probably look better on you.

Overview
likes
.comfortable to wear
.vibrant, opaque color
.naturally enlarges eyes
.fast & easy ordering and shipping from EyeCandy's

dislikes
.too orange (clashes with my skin tone)

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment