Friday, February 27, 2015

/Make-up/ NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil


this was purchased by me.

This actually came in a beauty box I purchased from Target a few months ago. I've been wanting to try NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils for a long time ever since I saw them pop up on various blogs and youtube videos. I wanted to see if this pencil was as amazing as I've seen it be. So I've used this a few times and here's what I think.

This sells for $4.50 for .18 oz/5g of product. On the NYX website these are described as "A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Our most voluptuous pencil yet!"

The color I have is Milk, a bright white.


Here's a swatch of Milk:


The pencil glides on smoothly as described and the color is extremely pigmented. You don't need to press the pencil down hard in order to get color. It has a very creamy texture that blends onto the skin easily*. There is no real scent to the pencil, but to me it kind of smells like pen ink. I don't mind it as it disappears when it's blended in. Here's the ingredient list:



I intended to use this as an eyeshadow primer because I don't want to line my eyes in white....So to see how well this would work, I took some of my eyeshadows that don't show up well on my lids to put over Milk. These are two shades from a Wet 'n Wild palette. In the top picture shows that shadows by themselves. Below that I blended Milk next to the shadows before putting more of the shadow on top.


top: shadows alone
bottom: shadows over milk (on the right) next to shadows w/o primer

As you can see, once the shadows are applied over Milk, they become bolder and brightened. The colors also look more cooler toned. I was excited this helped boost the color of eyeshadows, but would it work as well and last on my eyelids? Let's check it out.
Here is my eyelid without any make-up on.


Then I applied the Jumbo Eye Pencil to my lid.


Here I blended it out.


This is what my eyes looked like after I applied the Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows on top.


hello

The shadows look much better over Milk, but they still don't look as pigmented as in the pan. I'm glad the Jumbo Eye Pencil helps with bringing the color out. I can use more of the eyeshadows I abandoned because of poor pigmentation. I also think this would work well under colored eyeshadows to help them stand out on the eyelids.
This is my total make-up look using Milk as an eyeshadow primer.


The Jumbo Eye Pencil is a great base as the eyeshadows applied and blended easily on top. There was also minimal creasing! My eyeshadows always tend to crease because of my eye shape, but this helps with that. The only downside I could really think of is that this can be too brightening on the eyes if you don't blend an eyeshadow on top. It's probably not so visible in the pictures above, but the white was so stark against my skin. The next time I use Milk I won't put it all over my lid. Or I could use a neutral eyeshadow over it.

Overview
likes
.easy to blend
.lots of product
.makes less pigmented eyeshadows bolder
.affordable
.cruelty-free
.helps keep eyeshadows crease-free

dislikes
.very, very white and startling if not blended in or without eyeshadow on top (at least on my skintone)

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment