Thursday, February 5, 2015

/Skin/ Lumene Sensitive Touch Arctic Aqua Moisture Booster


this was purchased by me.

This caught my eye in Marshall's during the summer. After reading the packaging I decided this would be worth the try to help the skin on my face. I've been using this since August, usually in the mornings, and I'm ready to share my thoughts with you.

When I saw this at Marshall's, it had a discounted price ($6.99), but this normally retails for around $13. It's listed on the Lumene website, but I wasn't able to find it being sold anywhere except Amazon where it's listed at around $10. I'm not sure if it's being discontinued or repackaged, but it's not readily available in stores. Anyway, there's 1.2 fl oz/35 ml in the tube and it features a nice pump dispenser which easily controls the amount you want (I tend to use a 1/2 or 1 pump to cover my face and neck).


This Arctic Aqua Moisture Booster has an "advanced gel formula [that] improves skin hydration instantly" with a "moisture rich formula [that] helps plump up fine lines and wrinkles caused by dehydration and perfects the surface of the skin for delivering a smooth look to facial make-up." Seems like something I needed. With the low price it was hard to resist buying and trying.
Here's the ingredient list:


My skin has changed quite a bit since I started this blog, but I have always had dry spots on certain parts of my face. As I'm a little older now (.﹒︣︿﹒︣.) my skin becoming drier and I see some wrinkles (it's probably because I smile so much) on my face. With this product I was hoping it would help with my dryness and make my skin smooth and plump. Let's see how it works!

For comparison purposes, here is my skin without anything on it.


yes, it's the skin on my hand

I pumped out some of the gel onto the back of my hand here. There is fragrance listed in the ingredients, but to me there is absolutely no scent whatsoever in this product. It has a very slick consistency; although it's a gel it glides on easily more like a serum. I apply as such after toner and before moisturizer.


I've blended the Lumene Moisture Boost into my skin and you can see how the side with the gel blended in has a slight glow to it. It feels softer, leaving the skin radiant and prepped from treatments and moisturizers.


It has a cooling effect which makes it pleasant to put on in warmer weather, so right after I put it on my face feels comfortable and hydrated without looking shiny. I have never noticed my face getting any oiler than it already does throughout the day.

I really enjoy applying this in the mornings. It hydrates my face well in a short amount of time so I can layer other products on top immediately. I would recommend the Lumene Arctic Aqua Moisture Booster to anyone with suffering moderately dry skin; it seems good enough for anyone, really. If could find this in a Marshall's or TJ Maxx for around the same price I'd purchase it again. I'm just upset this product isn't available in more stores, online and elsewhere.

Overview
likes
.afforadable
.has slightly more product in the tube
.fragrance-free
.hydrates instantly
.non-irritating
.doesn't make me oily
.travel-friendly
.pump easily controls amount dispensed
.smooths skin

dislikes
.difficult to find in stores and online
.doesn't help with fine lines

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment