Wednesday, April 29, 2015

/Make-up/ Innisfree Water Glow Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++


this was purchased by me.

I'd been wanting to try a cushion compact for a long time. I thought about trying the Etude House one because it wasn't that expensive and I saw all the pretty advertisements for it. One day after watching Pony do a make-up tutorial for dry skin and seeing she was using Innisfree products I thought I would look into the brand. I found out they have an online store that delivers worldwide. The shipping prices aren't that bad either. I decided to get the Water Glow Cushion and to see how

This normally sells for $23 and for 15 ml of product in a cushion. It also comes with a puff in the compact. I was able to get my cushion as a special price set, though, and it had two extra cushions with one extra puff for $37.


Innisfree has many promotional events on their site with items frequently discounted so they may have specials like this again. Anyway, it's just like the single set Water Glow Cushion.
The Water Glow cushion is described as

1. 100% squeezed Jeju green tea water fills the skin with essential moisture.
2. Moisture coating effect from the water glow complex
3. It cools down your skin upon application to soothe the skin from environmental damage
4. Powerful UV protection with SPF 50+ PA+++


On the package it also says this is "formulated to moisture the skin and give it a dewy look and luminous glow". I've been wanting to try more luminous face bases as my skin has been feeling drier.
It comes in a neat little compact that opens by clicking a small button on the front of the case. There is a mirror and the puff sits on a separate level from the actual cushion.


When I first opened the compact, the cushion level was still sealed off.


I peeled off the sticker to reveal the cushion.


I really appreciate that the puff doesn't sit directly on top of the cushion. It's much more sanitary and the cushion doesn't dry out as easily.x Ingredients for this can be found here (at the bottom of the Product Overview section).

The color I chose was No. 21, which is the middle shade. I was thinking it would be an ok match as the weather has transitioned from winter to spring (more like summer in L.A.) and I figured it would be easy to blend out to match my skin tone. Here's a swatch.


swatch/blended out swatch

No. 21 looks like a good match. When blended out it basically looks like my skin. It is a light beige color that leans more yellow than pink. The cushion does have a slightly strange scent. As Innisfree focuses on using natural ingredients in their products, this smells quite herbal with a little floral notes. It's mostly herbal. I didn't really like it at first, but I'm ok with it now. The scent disappears once it gets blended onto the skin.
Let's see how this looks on my face instead. For comparison, here's what my face looks like without any make-up on.


natural light

My pores are kind of prominent and you can still see a few acne scars on the side of my face.
This is what my face looked like after I used the cushion.


natural light

The actual product provides sheer coverage in one layer. I had to build up layers to get a light/medium coverage. I'm glad it didn't cake as I layered with the cushion. It feels cool and refreshing when applied which makes this great to use as the weather becomes warmer. I used concealer on anything else I need to cover up. Overall the finish looks very natural and brightens my face well. This is the complete look with eye make-up, cheeks, and lips done.


natural light

I like the easy application of the cushion has with the puff. It just takes me a while to build up the coverage and even then I still need to use concealer. I generally like to use the Water Glow cushion on days when I want a lighter feeling make-up base. I'm not sure about this giving a dewy effect on my skin. It doesn't seem like I'm "glowing"; on me it looks like a very natural skin finish. At least my face feels comfortable and moisturized all day.
This is a wonderful base product for travel. You don't need to bag it up or worry about it leaking if you have a flight somewhere. I definitely like this product and I'm glad I was able to get a deal with two refill cushions.

Overview
likes
.hydrating
.brightening
.good to travel with
.easy to apply
.sanitary: keeps puff separated from cushion
.refillable
.has high SPF

dislikes
.kind of pricey
.herbal scent
.sheer coverage, takes a while to build up layers
.limited shade range
.shipping takes a while (2+ weeks) from South Korea

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment