Wednesday, January 10, 2018

/Essentials/ January Skincare

Hello! This is a new topic for my blog, showcasing current skincare favorites for the month and writing briefly about why these are so gotdang good.


purchased by me/gifted by people i know

In the post today, I'll be featuring treatments & moisturizers that have been helping me though this dry, cold winter in Korea.




CosRx One Step Pimple Clear Pads
Living in Korea, I've taken advantage of all the great skincare & make up available. I use this as an exfoliating toner after washing my face in the evening. Similar to FAB and Glow Tonic pads, it's very gentle (non-irritating) and gets rid of dry skin quick with BHA. It has an herbal scent to it, probably because of the tea tree, and each package has 70 pads in it. I like to cut mine in half so it lasts a little longer. It's 17,000₩ here and Urban Outfitters sells it for $20.


Sunday Riley Power Couple: Good Genes & Luna
So, I got this when Sephora was still selling it for $78. It is now $85. \(@o@)/
I've used this before and I really liked the results Good Genes gave me. It smoothes and brightens the skin when I apply it in the morning. This small size will also last a while if you use 1 pump each time. However, it smells weird. Like, strange with hints of citrus. It's also so expensive.
Luna is a nice retinol oil I use at night. It's been keeping my skin hydrated, but I haven't noticed any effects on my wrinkles...At least this one smells a little better. It's really fun to use; as you work the product into the skin, it starts off as blue and disappears. I can't afford these two as full size, so the kit was a nice intro. Find it at Sephora.


3CE Enriched Treatment Facial Oil

I got this as a gift a few years ago. I've been using it since then during the morning to add lock in moisture before heading out. It has an herbal, citrus scent that I quite like. It really wakes me up for the day. I do wish the oil was a little more hydrating, it's rather light and absorbs quickly so I might switch to using this in the spring/summer. Find it here.


Egyptian Magic

This is the product that literally saves my flaky and parched skin every time. I like to put it on last (usually at night) to seal everything in. Egyptian Magic is super thick with ingredients like olive oil, honey, and beeswax (it smells sweet because of this) that help to moisturize and protect the skin. It's pretty solid in the jar, but it warms up to an oil in your hands which makes it easier to apply. Since Egyptian Magic is mostly oil, it will leave skin shiny and it can take a while to fully absorb. This is multi-purpose as well and I like to put it on the lips, too. If you get dry skin ever or if your skin is a little irritate and needs some tender loving, Egyptian Magic is a perfect solution. I get mine at Costco (best deal) and it's also on amazon.

Those are my current skin essentials for this month. Do you have any products that get you through dry winters? Share down below in the comments! I would also appreciate comments on this new segment: more in depth reviews on a certain product from this list? Could this be even better? Recommendations? Comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment