Thursday, January 25, 2018

/Lips/ Etude House Woo Baby Plumping Tint


this was purchased by me

I'd always wanted to try these lip tints and I finally bought them on sale a few months ago. 1+1 sales are always to best^^
I was intrigued by the idea of a plumping tint and I liked the idea of it being a little glossy. On to the review!

The Woo Baby lip tint is 6,500₩/$8.50 here for .24 oz/7g. There are two shades available: Volume Up Red & Volume Up Pink. I have both to talk about in this post.
On the Etude House website, these are described as "a Plumping Lip Tint that comes with a non-sticky, cool menthol formula, staining lips with its clear tint color for voluptuous, juicy lips." So it's supposed to have a cooling feeling with some color. The ingredients are also listed on the website so if you can check if you might be sensitive to this product (menthol, peppermint, and parabens are included in the formula!).

As opposed to traditional applicators, this one has a silicone one to apply on the lips. It's a little strange to see. Also, since the applicator is rectangular it's difficult to spread the tint on the lips evenly.


interesting!

Here are swatches of the tints. They are fairly sheer on their own and have a pretty shine. There is also a minty fresh scent that I quite like.


pink/red

When applied to the lips, there is a sensation from the menthol that's tingly at first. It goes away after a while, but the minty scent at least 30 minutes. Here's a comparison of the colors on my lips.


bare lips ->pink ->red

Overall, Woo Baby adds shine and a little color which intensifies over time. It's better to layer lightly rather than slather on tint all at once to build up the color your preference. The pink seems to look like a shinier version of my lips and the red is slightly more intense. The difference is much more apparent in person as the red can sometimes come across quite bold.
The glossiness stays on for at least an hour, even after drinking or eating. My lips felt moisturized while I had this on, but started to feel a little dry after the gloss had worn off. If you reapply or add some lip balm you can quickly fix this issue.
I was surprised to discover Woo Baby tints the lips all day; after the shine fades my lips were still pink/red and I used make-up remover to get any remaining color off at night.


complete look using woo baby volume up pink

You get a lot of tint for the price and it's a perfect size to take in a bag or pocket. I didn't notice any plumping effect with this, but the shine does help to make the lips look healthier. This is the first tint I've had a good experience with and I'm probably going to get more of the other types at Etude House.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.moisturizes lips
.tint lasts all day
.portable
.minty scent

dislikes
.difficult to get (affordably) outside South Korea
.not much difference in shades
.difficult to apply
.no plumping effect
.quite tingly

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment