Thursday, January 4, 2018

/Skin/ Etude House Genie Pure Jelly Multi Balm


this was purchased as a gift for me.

This is a recently launched product from Etude House. I found it near the register as other things were being paid for and the cashier recommended I try it. The multi balm is supposed to be used "anytime, anywhere, as needed! Skin-soothing omnipotent balm provides moisture and nourishment." That's something I definitely need during these dry winter months.

I got this for about 9,000₩ and it's currently on sale on the Etude House website for $6.20 (regular price: $12.40) for 1.23 oz/35 g. Ingredients can also be found there; the formula is composed of different oils. As it's a multi-use product, it can be used on "dry hair, heels, elbows, hands, face and nails". I've only tried this on the face (lips included) so far and sometimes I take this with me.
The product itself is a lot like vaseline minus the petroleum. It is a cute pink shade with a light scent of florals and herbs.


take a look inside

It has a jelly texture and it's smooth to the touch. I put a bit on my hand here and it is very thick, doesn't move at all once placed somewhere.


it's the balm on the left

Let's see how it performs on the skin.


before/after

On the top is my hand before rubbing in the balm. My skin looks a little rough and dry. In the second panel, the skin on the left side is smoother and it felt softer to the touch. Because of the jelly consistency, it's easy to work into dry areas. It absorbs fairly quickly, too. I think this would be great for people with slightly dry or uncomfortable skin, it would really soothe those areas.

However, I found that this wasn't as hydrating as I needed. It feels nice going on, but within minutes my skin would feel dry again. I tend to like using this as a makeup primer there days as it helps the smooth out my skin before putting on foundation/bb cream/cushion pact. It also works well over makeup when your skin is feeling parched and you need something to make it feel better.

Ovewview
likes
.multi-use
.portable
.petroleum-free
.soothing
.smoothing

dislikes
.pricey
.not completely moisturizing
.not very hygienic packaging

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment