Thursday, January 18, 2018

/Skin/ CosRx Low pH Good Morning Cleanser



this was purchased by me

A few months ago, my skin was seriously dry. It was irritated and flaky; not good for all. So I went on a skin saving quest at my local Olive Young trying to find items that would ail my misery. After reading the description of this cleanser, I decided to give it a go because it's slightly more acidic and won't make skin feel tight after a wash. Let's take a closer look.

The CosRx cleanser has 150 ml/5.07 fl. oz of product for 8,500₩ or $12 on Urban Outfitters in the U.S. I was lucky to get a special set that included a 30 ml/1 fl. oz gift with the purchase of the regular size ^u^. There's quite a lot of product that will last you a while if you just use this in the morning. Here's a description from the tube as well as the list of ingredients.


I was most interested in the pH balancing of the skin, soothing, and softening aspects of the face wash. I was hoping this would be a good first step in treating the dryness I was having. The only thing I was worried about was the tea tree in the ingredients. I'd been sensitive to this in other face washes before, but I saw it was closer to the end of the list so the amount probably isn't that high.
Like most facial cleansers in a tube, it opens with a cap.


bam

Upon opening, you're greeted by a fresh herbal scent that comes from the tea tree oil. I really like it in the morning, it has a zingy quality that wakes me up. The actual cleanser is a clear gel. I use about a pea to grape size amount in the morning, working it into my face before I add some water to emulsify it.


cleanser / cleanser+water

The amount of foaming is very low and it feels almost like a milky cleanser when massaged into the skin. It's really gentle and doesn't irritate me at all. After rising off my skin feels soft and smoooooth, not dry. Because of the low pH, my skin balanced out and any products applied after go on really well.


happier skin after a cleanse

The CosRx Good Morning Cleanser has been really popular among those obsessed with skincare/Korean beauty for a while now. I see it all the time when I stalk reddit or tumblr. This is a very underrated cult product that works well for the price. It lasts a long time as well; I think I've had mine since September and there's about half of it still left. I mostly reserve this for the mornings, but I've used it some nights when my skin was feeling blah. It feels just as refreshing in the evening, though I can't comment on if this will actually remove make up effectively (please double cleanse if you wear sunscreen and/or make up in the day).

Overview
likes
.affordable
.gentle
.balances skin
.lasts a long time
.skin feels soft after washing

dislikes
.difficult to find outside of South Korea
.marketed as a product for mornings
.may not be for those with tea tree sensitivity

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment